• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.

#7 Ranking for Weber State

Chex

Wildcats are getting noticed, and so is the Big Sky, four teams in the top 10. Weber State has all 3 Big Sky Teams ranked ahead of them on the schedule. EWU (also ranked) will be desperate to get a win in two weeks…maybe they will get dinged up at Florida. I think Idaho is a team to be reckoned with as well. The Big Sky is definitely the strongest conference from top to bottom…no easy Ws and all out battles week in and week ouy in my opinion. Hopefully Weber State uses the bye week to solve some issues, but what an amazing start!

Davis is certainly no slouch.

An interesting game coming up is Davis at MSU.

In the MSU/EWU game, neither team seemed to mount much of a defense. Both teams seemed to be able to score but not stop the other. I think Davis can take both of those teams.

EWU's game in Florida could be impacted by the huricane. They could end up with an unintentional bye week. :coffee:

Eastern's game against Florida has been pushed to Sunday the 2nd thanks to the Hurricane. Which will give them even less time to prepare for us if that matters much. I bet Eastern is watching more film on us than Florida right now anyway.

Still have some offensive issues to iron out. We seemed to have some success running the ball against Davis and then went to the passing game and had less success, especially late in the 2nd half. Also been a bit fumbly lately. Need to protect the rock better.

I dont put much stock in whether Eastern has a defense or not considering their schedule but lets just say Montana State is almost 100% 1 dimensional offensively and Eastern still couldnt stop them. So either MSU is just that awesome on the ground or Eastern cant stop the ground game. The Northern Cats still allowed Eastern to score 35 points so the Eagles can still score. Defense is gonna have to have a heck of a game again.

All in all I'm hoping the team doesnt come out flat after the bye and just crushes Eastern which I think Weber finally has the team capable of doing just that. We've won 3 in a row against Eastern but they've all been nail biters. For once it would be nice to put them away early and win convincingly.

I watched a good portion of the Montana State EWU game. The Eastern defense is brutal. MSU’s back up QB was just taking the snap and running a power or a sweep. EWU d-line was getting blown off the ball and the safeties and were taking terrible angles. Chambers is a decent runner but he’s not some incredible athlete. Tennessee State went into Cheney and ran for 300 yards. Tennessee State is ranked 75th in the FCS according to SP+. Eastern’s defense is objectively bad.

Now EWU has to go cross-country to play an SEC team, turn around fly back to Washington, then to Ogden on a short week and play Weber coming off a bye. Situationally, it couldn’t be a tougher spot for them.

They still have an electric offense and I have some questions about our pass rush so I don’t view the game as a gimme.

Latest posts

Back