• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.

2023 Record

GoCatsGo!!!

What is everyone’s prediction for Weber’s record this season? I’m going with 6-5 or 7-4. I just don’t think Weisser is a great QB and I’m not expecting the O-line to be much improved this year either. Defense should be good but not spectacular and overall I think in Mental’s first year I see about a just over .500 finish. UNI, Utah, Montana St., Idaho, and UC Davis being potential losses in my opinion. Hope for the best but with our schedule I don’t see it being like years past where 9-2 or 8-3 were normal.

My feeling is that we should know who we are after the first 4 games. If we are 3-1 at that point, then I feel that 10-1 or 9-2 are real possibilities. If we are 2-2, then I think that 8-3 or 7-4 are indicated. If we are 1-3, then I think you are right, 6-5 or 5-6 are probable outcomes.

I'll wait and see how we do in these first 4 games.

I do feel that the schedule is in our favor, with all the toughest games at home. :coffee:

I don’t see any drop off in QB play with Weisser from Barron. In fact, Weisser will have more mobility and might keep defenders more honest with his scramble ability.

My guess is 8-3. Big Sky is tough, so quite a few games will be close and could go either way. I think Coach Mental can keep building on the program’s success.

Central Washington - Win
Northern Iowa - Loss
Utah - Loss
Montana State - Loss
Northern Colorado - Win
Northern Arizona - Win
UC Davis - Loss
Eastern Washington - Win
Idaho State - Win
Idaho - Win
Cal Poly - Win

7-4 and outside the playoff bracket. I think the UC Davis game will determine whether or not we get the 7th D1 win - and they owe us one. We’ve had some good fortune in our recent matchups.

I’m not sure if we have game-wreckers on the defensive line to have an elite defense and I think the loss of Jay Hill will negatively impact our D and special teams. Overall, I think it will be a fun year and I believe in Coach Mental for the long run - I just expect some growing pains in year 1.

Central Washington - Win
Northern Iowa - Loss
Utah - Loss
Montana State - Loss
Northern Colorado - Win
Northern Arizona - Win
UC Davis - Win
Eastern Washington - Win
Idaho State - Win
Idaho - Win
Cal Poly - Win

May be wishful thinking but I think we win some close big sky games at home. 8-3. I don't know much about Northern Iowa but expect that to be a close game. I am not nearly as sold on Idaho as the everyone else. It will be interesting to see them at home this year.

The Dan said:
Central Washington - Win
Northern Iowa - Loss
Utah - Loss
Montana State - Loss
Northern Colorado - Win
Northern Arizona - Win
UC Davis - Loss
Eastern Washington - Win
Idaho State - Win
Idaho - Win
Cal Poly - Win

7-4 and outside the playoff bracket. I think the UC Davis game will determine whether or not we get the 7th D1 win - and they owe us one. We’ve had some good fortune in our recent matchups.

I’m not sure if we have game-wreckers on the defensive line to have an elite defense and I think the loss of Jay Hill will negatively impact our D and special teams. Overall, I think it will be a fun year and I believe in Coach Mental for the long run - I just expect some growing pains in year 1.
:+1: I'm with Dan, 7-4. Same thoughts on the UC Davis game & Idaho is a real question mark for me.
This will be a fun season to watch & regardless I'm glad it's Mental as HC & things will just progress up! :thumb:

Well I got Idaho right but missed a lot of others lol! After what appeared to be a dumpster fire, 6-5 is likely, with some positive momentum to next year. Still a bigger step back than I hoped for!

Latest posts

Back