Pac-12 Conference-Only Schedule

Get the skinny on Hornet Football and the FCS
BSCfan

Looking like our Sept 12 game at Washington isn't going to happen now. Sucks because we were going to get a nice check for playing this game.
SDHornet

Pac 12 officially (link to press release)doing away with non-conference games so there goes the Thomson revenge game against UDub. Pac 12 and Big 10 are upping their conference slate to 10 games. Interestingly enough, this will be a boon for the big boys since all those body bag payout games are cancelled so literally millions (if not tens of millions) in payouts won’t trickle down from the P5 to the G5 and FCS programs. There is going to be a lot of athletic budget shortfalls this year.

This is probably the best opportunity ever if the P5 wants to break its scheduling away from the G5 and FCS programs and keep more money to themselves.
"I never drink anything stronger than gin before breakfast." W.C. Fields
SoCalSacHornetFan

Just like when USC dropped UCD football game the contracts have guarantee payouts as well as cancellation fees.
If Pac12 cancellation fees were Not included in those contracts (amateurish) I would be Shocked and disappointed!
They know where to mail the Pay Check even if they cancel the game this season.
We should take that FAT $ Check and sign a Tune Up game for ourselves!
BSCfan

SoCalSacHornetFan wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 4:25 pm Just like when USC dropped UCD football game the contracts have guarantee payouts as well as cancellation fees.
If Pac12 cancellation fees were Not included in those contracts (amateurish) I would be Shocked and disappointed!
:thumb:
I totally forgot about cancellation fees! (My mind was more thinking about the Hornets not coming up here to Washington for a game, one I actually expected us to have a decent shot in!) I wonder if it or any other cancelled non-conference games could be replaced with a Big Sky opponent not already on this year's schedule. Perhaps Eastern Washington, Montana State or Idaho?
Super Hornet
Admin

Personally, I'd like to see UW replaced with a Austin Peay return match, but given the scarcity of funds, that's probably a non-starter. And I really don't like the idea of replacing UW with yet another D-II/NAIA drop-down game, even if the Committee officially waives the 7-FCS-or-better game requirement.

This is quite the conundrum, is it not?
SoCalSacHornetFan

Additionally I’m sure the big power BCS schools are anticipating ticket revenue declines with limited seating due to Flu Paranoia.
To offset those losses of revenue they are cutting the overhead of programs FCS games so that they can try break even this season with mostly TV Broadcast revenue.
We will get a nice payday regardless and Team is looking good.
Ticket a Sales for upcoming Hornet Football should be almost unchanged if we spread our the 10,000 fans per game (guessing) across the 20,000 seat stadium.
We do / did have a solid chance to beat UW Huskies in my opinion. They aren’t that impressive right now.
SDHornet

SoCalSacHornetFan wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 4:25 pm Just like when USC dropped UCD football game the contracts have guarantee payouts as well as cancellation fees.
Depends on what the force majeure clause in the contract is, assuming there is one. It would be nice to get the cancellation fee but I think the big boys will fight the payouts tooth and nail given that ticket sales will likely take a major hit this season...assuming there will be a season.

This is a different situation than the dungpilers as they were dropped for a better game.
"I never drink anything stronger than gin before breakfast." W.C. Fields
OldSchoolHornet

Define "better game".

If the University of Washington replaces the Sac State game with a Pac 12 opponent won't it be because they thought it was a better game?
Kadeezy

PAC 12 says they’ll play 7 game season starting 11/6-7.

There are social media rumblings that BSC teams might trying to get in a couple games before a spring season... I’m dreaming.
Super Hornet
Admin

I'm wondering how this is going to work for the Pac-12 given that Utah has furloughed their entire Athletic Department....

Cal Poly
Eastern Washington
Idaho
Idaho State
Montana
Montana State
North Dakota
Northern Arizona
Northern Colorado
Portland State
Sacramento State
Southern Utah