Big News Coming Next Week

Get the skinny on Hornet Football and the FCS
Super Hornet
Admin

Green Cookie Monster wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 8:11 am
There is no way Sac or Cal Poly would invoke an FBS conference invite with the HS gyms they call a D1 BBall arena. Until either school rectifies this issue, it will be a lead weight around the schools neck for any future expansion.
Given some of the HS gyms I've entered lately, I wouldn't even dignify Hornet Gym with that honorific. Even the "new" gym at Lodi High, without even a locker room or bathrooms, and the place that was SUPPOSED to be the ticket booth having been re-designated as an outdoor snack bar, with a table set up just inside the door for selling tickets, and only bench seating for fans, is better than Hornet Gym....
BSCfan

I wonder if THIS was the big news? The team was honored at the Thunder-Kings game tonight for winning a share of the Big Sky Conference title last season.
SDHornet

Siouxfan wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 6:25 am
SDHornet wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 6:10 am
Siouxfan wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 5:58 am
SDHornet wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 5:45 am
Good job linking to a "Page Not Found" for your conference realignment nonsense evidence. :lol:
Sorry

https://asunsports.org/general/2019-20/ ... 0122lh6utq
I've only skimmed it, but this looks more like a plan to get another NCAA Tournament bid (by splitting apart once the continuity is earned) than some grandiose plan to move FBS. I'll still file this as nonsense as nothing in the article mentions football.
Talks about adding value to the conference. Only FBS would add significant value.
And you were wrong, as usual. ASun is making all these moves for...wait for it...an FCS conference. :lol:

"I never drink anything stronger than gin before breakfast." W.C. Fields
Green Cookie Monster

Siouxfan wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 11:37 pm
The three Cali FCS announce a move to the WAC.
Might be as late as Feb but it will happen.
Where is our weatherman?
Kadeezy

Fri Mar 06, 2020 1:26 pm
Siouxfan wrote:
Where is our weatherman?
He said the same crap on eGriz and they tore him a new one. Probably licking his wounds...
BuckeyeHornetFan

Kadeezy wrote:
Fri Mar 06, 2020 1:29 pm
Fri Mar 06, 2020 1:26 pm
Siouxfan wrote:
Where is our weatherman?
He said the same crap on eGriz and they tore him a new one. Probably licking his wounds...
Yep. Even promised to apologize and admit wrong if it didn’t happen by the end of FEB.

Now that it didn’t happen (again) he’s moving the goalposts by claiming every school is colluding to make the move together after the NCAA tournaments.

How many years have we had to read the same crap, yet still nothing. You’d think a sane person would just give it up.

But, if he does it in perpetuity, if/when it happens in 2034 he can claim victory because he told everyone back 25 years before it happened. :D
movielover

1. Troy Taylor gets a contract extension.
2. New turf, 2 games at soccer stadium & a home away with North Dakota State announced.
SoCalSacHornetFan

What was the official big news? 🤷🏻‍♂️

I was hoping that a referendum for facilities upgrade was going to be announced?

Cal Poly
Eastern Washington
Idaho
Idaho State
Montana
Montana State
North Dakota
Northern Arizona
Northern Colorado
Portland State
Sacramento State
Southern Utah