Gameday Experience

Get the skinny on Hornet Football and the FCS
Phantom Hornet

As awesome as yesterday was, the school really needs to step up their restroom and concessions game at Hornet Field. People are willing to spend money but not wait in lines for an hour to get beer and food. If you want to charge $25 a ticket, you better [email protected] well hire enough people to make the experience pleasant. Just set up a bunch of booths that sell the basics, its not that hard. They're actually making it harder to spend money at a game, which is crazy to me.

It was almost like they were caught off guard by the amount of people yesterday. Not ideal when you have a lot of first-time attendees checking out what the buzz is all about. Still two more big games coming, would love to see them ready for the crowds that will come.
BuckeyeHornetFan

Totally agree. As I mentioned in another thread, my wife and niece went to the game with me yesterday and when they went to use the restroom in the middle of the 2nd quarter, they got stuck in a really long line. My wife even noticed an elderly woman that was dealing with some sort of handicap that was having trouble waiting and nobody was allowing her to cut so my wife let her go in her place. That kind of thing shouldn’t happen.

Making things worse was they didn’t have the volume of portapotties that they normally do back behind the stands. At least not what I’m accustomed to seeing when I go to CIF events at Hornet Stadium.

IDK why they can’t have at least of those 2 men’s and women’s portable buildings on the West Grandstands and 1 on the other side. What they’ve been doing isn’t close to enough.

Imagine if they do get 21K fans out there!
Kadeezy

Great Experience except for the food/beer lines and the same goddamn restroom issue.

The temporary bathrooms and 5 porta potties is fine when 5,000 people show up. Double the number of beer tents (better yet, triple), and add a line of 25 porta potties on the back fence behind the stands for every game! At least until we have some permanent structures...
Kadeezy

Kadeezy wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 6:19 pm
Great Experience except for the food/beer lines and the same goddamn restroom issue.

The temporary bathrooms and 5 porta potties is fine when 5,000 people show up. Double the number of beer tents (better yet, triple), and add a line of 25 porta potties on the back fence behind the stands for every game! At least until we have some permanent structures...
Also, add more in the lots, so much public urination lolz
ChiCity

It got to the point in the second half where there were women coming into the men's restroom. One would think that with homecoming, a highly ranked Montana team and a ranked Sac team that those in charge would expect a large crowd. This restroom issue has been a hot mess for way too long. Do something! It's not that hard to figure out and portables can't cost that much....

At least they finally turned down the sound level on the "music" between plays. That was so bad a lot of people were plugging their ears at the first couple of games.
SDHornet

I waited in line for a portable bathroom at halftime and it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Maybe most folks were hitting up the regular bathrooms so maybe those lines were longer? Regardless I hope the powers that be get more out there for the last 2 games.

I get all my eating and drinking in during the tailgate so I have no comments on the concession lines.

My gripe is with the entry into the stadium. There are 3 gates with 2 lines each scanning/checking tickets, but one of the gates is students only so essentially everyone else has to wait in 4 lines to get into the stadium. It was a good 15-20 minute wait just to get tickets checked. That needs to get addressed for the next games.
"I never drink anything stronger than gin before breakfast." W.C. Fields
Phantom Hornet

SDHornet wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 9:38 pm
I waited in line for a portable bathroom at halftime and it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Maybe most folks were hitting up the regular bathrooms so maybe those lines were longer? Regardless I hope the powers that be get more out there for the last 2 games.

I get all my eating and drinking in during the tailgate so I have no comments on the concession lines.

My gripe is with the entry into the stadium. There are 3 gates with 2 lines each scanning/checking tickets, but one of the gates is students only so essentially everyone else has to wait in 4 lines to get into the stadium. It was a good 15-20 minute wait just to get tickets checked. That needs to get addressed for the next games.
Totally agreed.

On the concessions, I think most people who come to games regularly like you and I know the drill when it comes to the stadium experience and buying food. The problem is that this program is trying to grow and prove that it is deserving of the entertainment dollar in what is becoming an extremely crowded sports market. There were a lot of new people from around the community checking things out for the first time, making an effort to the school, and I can tell you through the eyes of some new fans i was around, there was a lot of frustration just trying to get a simple water.

We gotta clean up the basics if we want to do this right.
BuckeyeHornetFan

SDHornet wrote:
We hit up a restaurant on the way out there and brought some bottled water and snacks in to the stadium with us.
SDHornet wrote:
Knowing about this issue too, we arrived 90 minutes prior to kick then worked our way over to the gate about 15 min before they started to allow us in. Probably only had 12 people in front of us. Having been to a few Hornets game and also plenty of CIF HS football games there over the years, I knew to get into that line before the tailgating folks started migrating over.

It was well into the 1st quarter and I still saw hoards of fans making their way in from the gates.

Fully agree that they need to figure out a better way to do that. I will say, though, they were really cool with us regarding the items we wanted to bring into the stadium with us.
BuckeyeHornetFan

Phantom Hornet wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 11:25 pm
On the concessions, I think most people who come to games regularly like you and I know the drill when it comes to the stadium experience and buying food. The problem is that this program is trying to grow and prove that it is deserving of the entertainment dollar in what is becoming an extremely crowded sports market. There were a lot of new people from around the community checking things out for the first time, making an effort to the school, and I can tell you through the eyes of some new fans i was around, there was a lot of frustration just trying to get a simple water.

Like you guys, I knew what to expect. I've been to enough events at the stadium over the years.

Even though I cautioned my wife and niece about the restroom situation, they still seemed a bit unprepared and surprised. When my wife returned to our seats and complained, all I could do was chuckle. I certainly couldn't disagree.

But for others that didn't know what to expect, I totally get the frustration.
GreenArmySwarm

BuckeyeHornetFan wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2019 12:47 am
Phantom Hornet wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 11:25 pm

Like you guys, I knew what to expect. I've been to enough events at the stadium over the years.

Even though I cautioned my wife and niece about the restroom situation, they still seemed a bit unprepared and surprised. When my wife returned to our seats and complained, all I could do was chuckle. I certainly couldn't disagree.

But for others that didn't know what to expect, I totally get the frustration.
100%. When I was still a student, I'd use the restroom at the WELL or one of the other buildings. Even with the short walk, it was still faster than waiting in those lines. And I'm not even talking about the Women's restrooms

Cal Poly
Eastern Washington
Idaho
Idaho State
Montana
Montana State
North Dakota
Northern Arizona
Northern Colorado
Portland State
Sacramento State
Southern Utah