2020 RECRUITING

Get the skinny on Hornet Football and the FCS
GreenArmySwarm

http://nevadasportsnet.com/news/reporte ... -to-nevada
“Bennett also considered transferring to Sacramento State, which hired his former head coach at Folsom High as offensive coordinator in the offseason. Ultimately, the pull of playing at home was too strong to pass up.”

I feel like if Kevin Thomson wasn’t so solidified as the starter, Bennett would have been a Hornet. But be on the look out for next year/year after if he doesn’t win the job at Nevada. There’s a potential here. Also potential for a Grad transfer later on in his career...
Green Cookie Monster

Lets hope we get 11 games out of Thompson this year. Is it possible for him to play forever? Get injured in game 5 and get another medical waiver? Repeat.
HornetHope

I follow some of the coaches on Twitter, I guess we are now at a stage where 2021 recruits can reach out to coaches. One coach said, “ We are having some BIG TIME recruits reaching out to us”. Would not be surprised to see the 2021 recruiting class be eye popping.
It's not whether you get knocked down, it's whether you get up.
Vince Lombardi
Super Hornet
Admin

Green Cookie Monster wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 11:43 am Lets hope we get 11 games out of Thompson this year. Is it possible for him to play forever? Get injured in game 5 and get another medical waiver? Repeat.
I think he got a two-year waiver. That at least potentially means he could be back next year. SD would know better, though....
BuckeyeHornetFan

HornetHope wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 11:30 am I follow some of the coaches on Twitter, I guess we are now at a stage where 2021 recruits can reach out to coaches. One coach said, “ We are having some BIG TIME recruits reaching out to us”. Would not be surprised to see the 2021 recruiting class be eye popping.
WOW. That's certainly nice to hear about. I check out a few of the coaches pages too now and then but didn't stumble across that particular tweet.

I wonder what is causing the sudden interest. Cause they're still FCS and haven't started winning just yet.

Regardless, it''ll be awesome if they can land any of these types of athletes.
Kadeezy

Wow, this is a big get! Carter Sullivan a 2-Star OLB decommitted from Navy, is RS’ing this year, and is now committed to the Hornets! Wow!

https://247sports.com/player/carter-sullivan-46053740/
BuckeyeHornetFan

Kadeezy wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 7:59 pm Wow, this is a big get! Carter Sullivan a 2-Star OLB decommitted from Navy, is RS’ing this year, and is now committed to the Hornets! Wow!
https://247sports.com/player/carter-sullivan-46053740/
Hope he's good and that it works out.

He played with Elijah Dotson at Antelope HS in 2016 when he was a Soph. I saw that team play a few times, but don't remember him.
Kadeezy

WR Devin Gandy (Victorville, CA) has committed to the Hornets. The receiver had interest from Sacramento State, UNLV, Wyoming, Washington, and Washington State. We may have been his only full offer by the looks of it. But, the kid seems pretty talented, even if undersized at 6'0, 154lbs.

https://www.recruitingnewsguru.com/prol ... practices/
BuckeyeHornetFan

Just saw this on Twitter tonight. Looks like it was posted not long after the big win last night. Probably a coincidence but you never know.

BuckeyeHornetFan

Skattebo helped lead his Rio Linda team to a State title last season as a Junior.

He broke the Sac-Joaquin Section’s long standing single season rushing record with over 3,500 yards.

Among his many highlight reel runs was this one in the title game:

GreenArmySwarm

Does anyone know what happened to Daniel Fortune?

http://www.hornetsports.com/sports/fbal ... i?view=bio

He was our highest and only 3 star recruit this past signing period. Had PAC12 offers but chose to follow Troy Taylor. I don't see him on our official roster...
VintageHornet

GreenArmySwarm wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 7:26 am Does anyone know what happened to Daniel Fortune?

He was our highest and only 3 star recruit this past signing period. Had PAC12 offers but chose to follow Troy Taylor. I don't see him on our official roster...
Was wondering the same thing. Maybe grayshirting? If that were true, it would probably be at a PAC12 school.
GreenArmySwarm

VintageHornet wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 10:16 am
GreenArmySwarm wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 7:26 am Does anyone know what happened to Daniel Fortune?

Was wondering the same thing. Maybe grayshirting? If that were true, it would probably be at a PAC12 school.
Possibly. Also REALLY strange that on his Twitter page, there has been no activity since his announcement of his commitment to SAC. No word of transfer or changing his mind also...
VintageHornet

6'2 225 LB out of Edison HS in Huntington Beach
BuckeyeHornetFan

VintageHornet wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 7:16 am

6'2 225 LB out of Edison HS in Huntington Beach
Saw that today. Don’t know much about the kid. Edison typically is a good HS program that plays against pretty strong competition though.
BuckeyeHornetFan

I decided to scour through twitter, along with what had already been posted in this thread, to compile a list of confirmed COMMITMENTS and confirmed OFFERS.

COMMITTED:

Devin Gandy, WR, 6'0 - 154, Silverado HS, Victorville, CA

Jared Gipson, CB/WR, 6'2 - 195, St. Mary's HS, Stockton, CA

Earl Hodson VI, S/ATH, 6'1 - 190, Serrano HS, Phelan, CA

DeVaughn Houston, WR/DB, 5'11 - 180, Hawthorne HS, Hawthorne, CA

Tyler Perez, C/T, 6'5 - 290, Chino Hills HS, Chino Hills, CA

Darian Pollard, WR/LB, 6'1 - 215, Lincoln HS, Stockton, CA

Cameron Skattebo, RB, 5'10 - 200, Rio Linda HS, Rio Linda, CA

Jalin Speed, WR/DB, 6'2 - 175, Bishop Alemany HS, Mission Hills, CA

Carter Sullivan, OLB, 6-3 - 235, Antelope HS, Antelope, CA

Mike Walters, LB/ATH, 6'2 - 225, Edison HS, Huntington Beach, CA

Xavier Williams, TE/DE, 6'3 - 250, Atwater HS, Atwater, CA

Mitchell Wolfe, LB/TE, 6'3 - 235, Sumner HS, Sumner, WA

Last edited by BuckeyeHornetFan on Wed Dec 11, 2019 1:29 pm, edited 6 times in total.
BuckeyeHornetFan

With the offer list below, I only included student-athletes that I didn't see a confirmed commitment to another program yet. There were numerous other confirmed offers that I discovered, but they had since tweeted out verbal commitment elsewhere so I decided not to list them here.

Some of the athletes below may well be verbally committed elsewhere, but I just didn't see it. My apology.

Lastly, there were numerous confirmed athlete visits, but if there wasn't an official offer posted on twitter, I didn't list them here.

OFFERED:

Marquese Allen-Patmon, ATH, 6'2 - 180, Lincoln HS, San Diego, CA

Myles Cannon, DL, 6'3 - 260, Cosumnes Oak HS, Elk Grove, CA

Miles Davis, WR, 6'1 - 190, Las Vegas HS, Las Vegas, NV **TRACK ATH**

Patrick Dean, WR/DB, 5'11 - 165, Colony HS, Ontario, CA **TRACK ATH**

Trevor Owens, DB, 6'1 - 200, Butte College

Tiger Shanks, T/DT, 6'6 - 315, Lake Oswego HS, Lake Oswego, OR

Mana Taimani, T, 6'5 - 315, Clayton Valley HS, Concord, CA

Dupree Williams, WR/DB, 6'2 - 175, Dominguez HS, Compton, CA
Last edited by BuckeyeHornetFan on Fri Nov 29, 2019 9:53 pm, edited 5 times in total.
BuckeyeHornetFan

Well, looks like one of the recruits that was on an official visit this past weekend liked what he saw.

HornetHope

Mitchell Wolfe announced his commitment a little while ago. Rivals has him as a 3 Star ILB recruit out of SumnerWA. He had offers from Cal, NV, Utah St. and the Kitties. Nice job! :clap:
It's not whether you get knocked down, it's whether you get up.
Vince Lombardi
BuckeyeHornetFan

HornetHope wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:26 pm Mitchell Wolfe announced his commitment a little while ago. Rivals has him as a 3 Star ILB recruit out of SumnerWA. He had offers from Cal, NV, Utah St. and the Kitties. Nice job! :clap:
Yep. Just saw it now and was about to update the lists above.

Looks like the Hornets program is starting to reap some recruiting benefits from this STELLAR season. They might see even more of it with the announcements of the Big Sky Conference Offensive Player of the Year and 1st and 2nd teams.

After only 1 player on the 1st team in 2018, they had SEVEN in 2019. And EIGHT on the 2nd team. FIFTEEN in total.

Those kinds of things on their resume can really help recruiting.

Cal Poly
Eastern Washington
Idaho
Idaho State
Montana
Montana State
North Dakota
Northern Arizona
Northern Colorado
Portland State
Sacramento State
Southern Utah