Causeway Classic Moved to Reno

Get the skinny on Hornet Football and the FCS
Kadeezy

More details at 10:00 AM.
Kadeezy

Multiple players on twitter confirming they’ve been told they’re headed to Reno today! Game’s at 12:00.
Kadeezy

I watching the game and have plenty to say, but for the love of god - this is the Causeway Classic - where UCD always runs trick plays against us with great success - HOW ARE YOU COMPLETELY UNPREPARED FOR THE MOST OBVIOUS FAKE PUNT OF ALL TIME?!
aggiemba

Go Ags!
quadshock

Hoping the Hornets can find their direction again. This rivalry game is so much more fun when both teams are playing well. Imagine if the Causeway ever had playoff implications for both teams. See you next year
Hornet Fever

After getting ripped today and losing by average of 24 points over the last 6 games. It is time for a coaching change. I know the injuries played a big part in the season but it seems like the players lost focus and direction and most importantly the will to compete. It is time for Mark Orr to put his stamp on this program and change the direction. We can justify the buyout as we have 2 step up games next year against Arizona St and Fresno St. This program needs some energy and some new blood..
Kadeezy

Nothing has pissed me off more than Jody Sears electing to punt in the fourth quarter on 4th and 10 or less in opponent territory, but out of field goal range. So weak.
EventCenterNow

I'm with everyone on throwing Jody Sears out. After showing signs of improvement last year, we ended up getting the same old, same old out of this year's Hornets. :ohno: It wasn't just the injuries, but Sears apparently has shown he's not head coaching material. :x Given this program's weak track record, Mark Orr really needs to sell this program hard to get a coach who can develop a winning strategy and bring in players who believe they can take this tradition challenged program into one that can compete and challenge for postseason berths on a yearly basis. :evil:
agalum

EventCenterNow wrote:
Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:37 pm
Sears apparently has shown he's not head coaching material.
Yet last year he was coach of the year and beat the Aggies so he must have been doing something right. Why was he successful last year?
EventCenterNow

This is a response to Agalum's response to my post Causeway Classic message: I was one of those fans who was expecting a lot out of this year's Hornets. I am aware that Jody Sears has had two good seasons, but at the same time he has had three terrible seasons. It's simply been a very inconsistent pattern and I'm not sold that he can get things turned around. Quite a few fans here have had a gloomy outlook because every time things start looking up for Sac State football, we end up getting disappointed for one reason or another. If Sears comes back next season, I believe he will be on a short leash. This good one year, bad the next has become a tired issue with the Hornet football program.
EventCenterNow

I had to add one more thing. I feel part of the Hornets' success last year was a roster that came together and wanted to prove they wanted to challenge for an FCS postseason berth. Obviously this season, injuries became a problem and a lack of depth was evident. There were some coaching decisions I'm sure some fans weren't pleased with. Overall, this was another squandered season that's leaving many of us wondering what it will take to get Sac State to become a winning team for more than one season.
Joe Football

Head Coach Angus McClure.
Super Hornet
Admin

Joe Football wrote:
Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:11 am
Head Coach Angus McClure.
While I DO have others on my short list, Angus IS at the top of the list....
Hornet Fever

Well it is Wednesday and if we were going to make a coaching change I’m sure we would have heard of it by now. Well it looks like we are going to retain a coach that has been a head coach for 7 years between two programs and has had 5 season in which he did not win more than 2 games. One of those season in which he won more than 2 games was a talented Marshall Sperbeck team. I guess we should get excited and try to guess the 2 teams we are going to beat next year. Unbelievable!!
Kadeezy

Yes, looks like Sears will be back once again... eating $$$ might be too much for Nelsen/Orr to take - even with two money games next year, which should be just as disastrous.
BuckeyeHornetFan

Hornet Fever wrote:
Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:09 am
Well it is Wednesday and if we were going to make a coaching change I’m sure we would have heard of it by now. Well it looks like we are going to retain a coach that has been a head coach for 7 years between two programs and has had 5 season in which he did not win more than 2 games. One of those season in which he won more than 2 games was a talented Marshall Sperbeck team. I guess we should get excited and try to guess the 2 teams we are going to beat next year. Unbelievable!!
Kadeezy wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 11:15 am
Yes, looks like Sears will be back once again... eating $$$ might be too much for Nelsen/Orr to take - even with two money games next year, which should be just as disastrous.
Reverse jinx! Nicely done guys! ;) :D

Cal Poly
Eastern Washington
Idaho
Idaho State
Montana
Montana State
North Dakota
Northern Arizona
Northern Colorado
Portland State
Sacramento State