Commitments

Get the skinny on Hornet Football and the FCS
Phantom Hornet

Anybody read or hear anything on potential recruits committing? The only one I've seen so far is Angus McClure's son.
ChiCity

The only other ones I've seen are Marcus Aponte from St. Mary's and Brandon Rupchock from Folsom. Very few seniors leaving this year and don't know about attrition yet.
GreenArmySwarm

Phantom Hornet wrote:
Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:39 pm
Anybody read or hear anything on potential recruits committing? The only one I've seen so far is Angus McClure's son.
This is what I've been able to found going through recruiting and social media websites. :D

So far, we're getting pretty high level recruits thanks to the success of the last season...
1. Justin McGill (DB/CB) Bakersfield H.S - Offers from Montana St., Nevada, and SJSU
2. Marcus Aponte (WR/ATH) St.Mary's H.S - Offers from Columbia, Cornell, Yale, Harvard, San Diego, Army, Air Force, Stanford (Walk-on)
3. Hamish McClure (QB) - Crespi H.S
4. Brandon Rupchock (ATH) - Folsom H.S
GreenArmySwarm

Down
Last edited by GreenArmySwarm on Sun Dec 17, 2017 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GreenArmySwarm

Down
Last edited by GreenArmySwarm on Sun Dec 17, 2017 5:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Green Cookie Monster

Humm, let’s see, do I choose Harvard, Columbia, Cornell, Yale or Sac State? 😂😂
GreenArmySwarm

As of 12/17/17

This is what I've been able to found going through recruiting and social media websites. :D

So far, we're getting pretty high level recruits thanks to the success of the last season...
1. Justin McGill (DB/CB) Bakersfield H.S - Offers from Montana St., Nevada, and SJSU
2. Marcus Aponte (WR/ATH) St.Mary's H.S - Offers from Columbia, Cornell, Yale, Harvard, San Diego, Army, Air Force, Stanford (Walk-on)
5. Tykee Woods (CB) - Clovis West H.S
6. Jarrell Anderson (TE) - Rainer Beach, WA - Offers from Hawai'i, Nevada, Utah State, Idaho, Montana St., Portland St., Howard
7. Marshaun Hunter (DE/ATH) - Del Campo H.S - Nevada (Walk-on)
Hornet Fever

First of all...thanks Green Army for the update on the recruiting and commitment trail.

I found this article on why Jarrell Anderson chose Sac State. Looks like a nice catch for Sac State. A three star recruit from Seattle, Wa.

https://csus.247sports.com/Article/2018 ... -112396240
Phantom Hornet

Great story on Anderson. I think that's why I turned my attitude on Sears near midseason (winning of course the main reason). Just seeing the team in person, one could tell how close the players were, they all seemed to love playing with each other. It had a real family vibe.
GreenArmySwarm

Hornet Fever wrote:
Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:38 pm
First of all...thanks Green Army for the update on the recruiting and commitment trail.

I found this article on why Jarrell Anderson chose Sac State. Looks like a nice catch for Sac State. A three star recruit from Seattle, Wa.

https://csus.247sports.com/Article/2018 ... -112396240
Anytime. Anything to keep the Hornets Legion informed :thumb:

And yes, agreed! Anytime we're able to poach a scholarship player from FBS schools, that's a huge win! :nod:
Hornet Fever

Today is the start of the early signing period and I goes through Friday. The Hornets just received a commitment from David Perales from Merced JC. He will be transferring in as a sophomore. He had 14 sacks as freshman for the Merced. Here is a nice article on him. This article was written before his bowl game.

http://www.mercedsunstar.com/sports/col ... 05663.html
Super Hornet
Admin

Prediction: McClure starts as a freshperson and takes us DEEP into the playoffs....
SDHornet

Good stuff GAS, thanks for keeping us all in the loop on the recruiting front.

Hornetsports release announced 5 recruits signed so far.
"I never drink anything stronger than gin before breakfast." W.C. Fields
GreenArmySwarm

As mentioned above, this is the first year of the December early signing period. Here's the updated list of, names with a line under = signed.

As of 12/22/17

http://hornetsports.com/sports/fball/20 ... 1220o145ux

So far, we're getting pretty high level recruits thanks to the success of last season...

5. Tykee Woods (CB) - Clovis West H.S
6. Jarrell Anderson (TE) - Rainer Beach, WA - Offers from Hawai'i, Nevada, Utah State, Idaho, Montana St., Portland St., Howard
7. Marshaun Hunter (DE/ATH) - Del Campo H.S - Offers from Nevada (Walk-on)
8. David Perales (DL) - Merced JC - Offers from Southeastern-Louisiana
9. Joshua Lee (DL) - Canyon Springs H.S
10. Tao Zarion McClinton (WR) - Bellevue, WA
SDHornet

So four 2 star recruits (5 when/if Aponte signs) and one 3 star recruit inked in the early signing period...yup, this program is "still paying" for past transgressions on the recruiting trail. :lol:

Credit to Sears and Co for continuing to get it done on the recruiting trail. :clap:
"I never drink anything stronger than gin before breakfast." W.C. Fields
Kadeezy

The Anderson pickup is ridiculous - we don’t use the TE a whole lot, but this kid will be a contributor right away on the outside and red zone anyhow with his frame. His film is very impressive!
Hornet Fever

Armon Bailey a 3 star recruit from Vanden High School has committed to the Hornets. He is an OLB. He had offers from Idaho and Hawaii. He had some interest from Fresno St and Washington. Another nice addition to the program.

https://247sports.com/Recruitment/Armon ... tInterests

http://www.hudl.com/profile/4573023/Armon-Bailey
Hornet Fever

Davion Ross CB from Inderkum High School has committed to the Hornets. He was 1st team defense for the section. He had 18 career interception. Another area player that is staying home.

https://www.hudl.com/video/3/4513523/5a ... 0cfcfbabaf
Kadeezy

About as good as you can expect Sears and Co. to do in the area. Kudos... Now let’s see ‘em on the field!
GreenArmySwarm

Alrighty, it's national signing day. I'm pretty sure there's a direct correlation between this recruiting class and the on-field success of last year. A few solid 2-3 stars with other real* offers. What I like the most are the JUCO transfers, that's IMMEDIATE help for this upcoming year as Coach Sears and company makes a push for the Big Sky title!

Cal Poly
Eastern Washington
Idaho
Idaho State
Montana
Montana State
North Dakota
Northern Arizona
Northern Colorado
Portland State
Sacramento State
Southern Utah