• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.

Weber vs The Utes

okay, the refeering seemed to suck big time, but our offense seemed to suck worse. I know they have a seven footer camping out in the paint, and utah's D looked really good, but it seemed like we were scared on offense. Dez ddin't try to penetrate like he usually does and anytime someone got it down low, they'd settle for a short jump shot instead of trying to take it strong to the rim. I was disapointed Davis didn't get more time.

Of course the biggest dissapointment was turnovers. 18 is way too much, especially if you aren't goning to score.

Who else thought utah's number 5 was the worst player on the floor? That kid sucks. I honestly can't believe he is playing college ball for the utes and even getting minutes. The game should have been much closer, but i also think the pace of the game and several questionalbe calls really took the crowd out of it too.

there are my thoughts.

We played timid on offense, we didn't attack at all. Our guards need to do a better job of putting pressure on the other teams defense and not just settling for jump shots. Take the freaking ball to the hole and at least draw a foul.
Right now in my mind our biggest weakness is leadership. Last season Dave Patten was the leader on and off the court and was certinaly the emotional leader. We havn't had anybody step up and be the leader on the court, and we really don't have anyone who is the emotional leader yet. Someone needs to step up and be the guy to rally the team. They aren't playing with enough heart or fire and a leader needs to step up and bring that out in everybody.
I totally agree about #5 being the worst guy out there, he didn't even look good enough to play for that Canadian team we played earlier.
P.s Boylen is a jack ace, and a classless bumb!

It's been a long time since I've seen Weber get that embarrashed at the Dee. Refs are part of the game of basketball. We win or lose because of how we play the game! Straight up, Weber Lost last night. I was extremely disappointed by our teams effort, intensity, and heart. Weber played tenacious defense for about 8 minuets, the team committed way to many turnovers (this is becoming a recurring theme for this season), guard play was lackluster at best, and our offense was confused, disorganized, and impotent (Much like all Three of those MWC Refs). I'm glad I'm not the only one that recognizes the lack of leadership on this team (AJ Wildcat). Somebody needs to step up quick.... ART or DEZ. However, there were a few positives: Morris played pretty good defense on Neville, Art had another double-double, and we were able to see Nance's defense. Also, I thought Davis had a good game. I don't understand why he was benched, and why the HELL Billings was left in for so darn long. Another thing that caught me completely off guard was how Rahe pulled a Cravens last nignt and subed out virtually his entire starting line with a 12 pt lead. Regardless, I still believe that our Cats will pull it together. We saw how dominate our team can be, lets hope they realize it and start playing up to their potential.

Oh.. Utah should really be proud... Wow they hired a really classless Joke of a coach. By the way, he used almost the exact same game plan as Giacoletti did last year. How on Earth didn't he get a Tech?? He was yelling and screaming practically at half-court for most of the game and our bench (Coach Rahe) gets a Tech for pointing out that Art got rapped. Also, did anyone notice that he keep grabbing one the refs shirts when he didn't agree with a call? What a Joke of a man and coach!

I am trying to stay positive and think we have a shot at another championship. These games are just practice for the real thing. League play is what matters. At least we beat those f-in aggies. Of all in-state basketball games, I wanted that one. BYU-Provo would be good to, but that is wishful thinking. If Weber beats BYU, I'll buy everyone here a round of beers.

Latest posts

Back