• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.

UNC Basketball - fingers crossed it begins soon

Brian

Staff member
So it looks like the Big Sky got clever with the schedule and the teams will be playing "double headers" on Thursday/Saturday so when UNC goes to Montana, they will play the twice at Montana and call it a day.
I really like that idea. I think it gives them a great shot of getting the season in.

Any sense on where we will stand this season?

The non-conference schedule is still being announced. Bu our first game will be November 27 in KC vs Southeastern Missouri State. The next day we will play either UMKC or Avila.

Dec 12 @ Colorado State.

We only have one senior this year, and a lot of new faces---2 transfers and 5 freshman.

https://twitter.com/UNC_BearsMBB/status/1326578806409228288

Oh wow, wasn't aware they were playing non-conference games. Surprised they are not just playing local games (DU, CSU, Wyoming etc...).

Brian said:
Oh wow, wasn't aware they were playing non-conference games. Surprised they are not just playing local games (DU, CSU, Wyoming etc...).

Looks like we are playing CU and DU also. So the non-conference schedule as of now:

11/27 SE Missouri State @ KC
11/28 UMKC or Avila (D2) @ KC
12/12 @ CSU
12/14 @ CU
12/16 @ DU

I'm not surprised we not playing Wyoming. Surprised there is no in-state D2 game (Colorado College, J&W, etc.).

Will we ever play Air Force again? Almost forget there's a 5th D1 school in state.

Meanwhile Utah has added a 7th D1 team (Dixie State).

Had to google Dixie State, shocked that a school in Utah has that name:
"In 1916, the academy, located in a region called "Utah's Dixie" by Brigham Young and local settlers,[12] became Dixie Normal College"

Back on topic, I am surprised that there are no home non-conference games.

Brian said:
"In 1916, the academy, located in a region called "Utah's Dixie" by Brigham Young and local settlers,[12] became Dixie Normal College"

One quick note about Dixie State. Check out their facilities. They have a nice gym which looks much nicer than ours and their football field seats more than ours also. Looks like a school that is on the move with their athletic program. Their quarterback is Keaton Mott from UNC that is doing really well and was named to the Phil Steele 2020 Preseason FCS Independent Team.

https://dixiestateathletics.com/sports/2009/4/9/GEN_0409091359.aspx?path=gen

budbear said:
Brian said:

One quick note about Dixie State. Check out their facilities. They have a nice gym which looks much nicer than ours and their football field seats more than ours also. Looks like a school that is on the move with their athletic program. Their quarterback is Keaton Mott from UNC that is doing really well and was named to the Phil Steele 2020 Preseason FCS Independent Team.

https://dixiestateathletics.com/sports/2009/4/9/GEN_0409091359.aspx?path=gen

Wow, that gym really is nice. I wonder where their money is coming from. They have more students than I thought they would have (11k), so very similar to UNC.

Latest posts

Back