• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.

The unbeatable Eags....why?

weberwildcat

Why are they unbeatable? 13-0 with 15 straight wins. Has anyone done that since WSU in 2003? Back then we only played 14 but with the conf tourney 2 games we went 16-0 and I remember 10k chanting 17 straight wins. At the time it was I believe 2nd longest in nation behind Kentucky. The eags were only 5-7 in OOC and started the season 0-3. Their last loss was Dec 13, 2022. :shocking:

If they can win the remaining games below they would become the 3rd undefeated team in Big Sky history. If they beat MSU at home I am thinking WSU might be the only team to stop the perfect season. :shock:

1968, WSU, 15-0
2003, WSU, 16-0

EWU:
Thu, Feb 16
vs Northern Arizona

Sat, Feb 18
vs Northern Colorado

Thu, Feb 23
@ Weber State

Sat, Feb 25
@ Idaho State

Mon, Feb 27
vs Montana State

The why? is because they are good and have had some fortunate bounces along the way. It certainly helps that they have a couple of long, talented wings to go along with a good big man and a strong PG.

Will they go all the way undefeated? .... They could. Do I think they will? ... Probably not. They haven't exactly been blowing everyone off the floor. Many of their games have gone right to the wire. They are at home this week, but are playing two teams who have been playing better of late. I think it is a possibility that UNCo could take them on their court. NAU would have to get a little lucky, but they are capable.

I feel that we can take them on our home court and ISU will have a good shot at them. They finish the season up at home with MSU. That's probably anybody's game.

I can see EWU losing from 1 to 3 games by the end of it all. :coffee:

Latest posts

Back