• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.

The Bracket

Super Hornet 2.0

https://www.ncaa.com/brackets/print/football/fcs/2023

At first, I was concerned about getting sent to the MVFC, but the general feeling at the end of the Causeway game thread are convincing. I have no idea how North Dakota's dome compares to Idaho's, but there are probably some lessons we could learn from that game that we can take into this one in terms of playing in a dome. There are also lessons we should take out of Causeway in terms of playing early games vice 1900 games like we had for most of the season. Hopefully the staff distills those quickly and the team assimilates them. And that's in all three phases of the game.

I was shocked when I realized that Incarnate Word and TN-Martin got snubbed. Many of the other snubs (mainly 8-3 teams, though a few 7-4 teams as well, like the Manure Pile) are probably tied to SOS (like St. Thomas (MN) at 8-3). In an 11-game season, 8 wins is generally a lock, but when you're in the non-power conferences like the Pioneer that can be problematic. That's one reason I like being in the Big Sky. But SOS isn't all there is to the story; there are several teams ranked throughout the season that essentially played their way out of the playoffs at the end (like Holy Cross).

Here's hoping we learn the lessons we need to learn before the trip to Grand Forks, or we're looking at an early-Taylor Era result. In the playoffs is decidedly better than not, but after last season, we have the itch to push deep in the playoffs and even win the Chipper, so an early exit doesn't feel good at all....

Latest posts

Back