• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.

Staff Changes

SLCBengal

Besides Jay Collins, Madison Guernsey tweeted that assistant Andy Ward won't return next season either...

[tweet]https://twitter.com/MGuernsey_ISJ/status/985919754291429376[/tweet]

No, this isn't concerning at all. A 70 year old coach in the last year of his contract and assistants are bailing.

Any word on the in coming coaches if there’s anyone on the radar ? Bringing in new coaches can also help to recruit impact players, a lot of today’s coaches have very close relationships with players and coaches from travel teams

I guess we can say the writing is on the wall. Just might be time to clean house and start over. Bill is a great guy hate to see things go this way for him.

Matt Hollinshead, sports reporter for the Farmington, NM, newspaper (The Daily Times), is reporting that Jay Collins will be the new head coach for Farmington HS...

[tweet]https://twitter.com/MattH_717/status/986344910738436096[/tweet]
[tweet]https://twitter.com/MattH_717/status/986346611767820288[/tweet]

With Ward and Collins gone, will this have an affect on any of the players who were going to come to ISU. Haven't seen anyone sign that said they were going to. When does the signing period end? Seems like in recent years no one signs on the dotted line until the signing period is almost over, and I am not just talking ISU. Are they waiting to see if they get a offer from somewhere else or what? Anyone have any insight on this?

Legardy will reportedly sign on Monday. Brayden Parker is solidly committed, I’m assuming there are just timing issues related to his signing. ISU is working on a JUCO big. And yes “waiting for something better” always factors into the late signing period. Big programs get first pick, then kids on their waiting list tumble down, and so it goes. It’s pretty safe to say ISU has to wait on kids who are hoping for something better.

ISU is also holding a scholarship in the unlikely event Kyle Ingram wins his appeal and gets another year, but they are actively working “options” in case it is denied. Who knows how long that process will take.

The signing period extends to May 16, but kids can join the program after that by signing a scholarship agreement rather than an LOI, so there really is no urgency other than coaches obviously want to wrap up commitments as quickly as they can.

I have heard Legardy is not academically cleared and probably won’t be. Any info on that? Also did Novak leave due to staff changes as well as a chance at “bigger and better?”

Bengalfan37 said:
I have heard Legardy is not academically cleared and probably won’t be. Any info on that? Also did Novak leave due to staff changes as well as a chance at “bigger and better?”

I’ve heard nothing on either of those topics.

Bill told me last night his staff is almost complete. Just has to run things through channels.

If the staff doesn’t contain a hc from juco delivering a “player” as opposed to some ga/director of ops etc il be disappointed.

I thought maybe Louis Wilson would return for a year and rejoin Evans, but I see where he took a job down at Grand Canyon.

Latest posts

Back