• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.

Shout out to the basketball teams

Brian

Staff member
Heck of a start by both unc bears basketball teams. They are both position for a 1st round tournament bye if they keep it up. :notworthy:

So both basketball teams finished 2nd earning a first round bye and a favorable 2nd round matchup. Fantastic season at Butler.

On the men's side the Bears brought home the Big Sky MVP, Freshman of the Year, Defensive Player of the Year and Coach of the Year.

What a rough tournament for the Bears. Women flame out early and it looks like the men are getting bounced as well. I have said this before and I stand by it. Conference tournaments for small conferences that will only get one March Madness bid stink. The team that wins the regular season should be considered the champion of the league and get the automatic bid.

Brian said:
What a rough tournament for the Bears. Women flame out early and it looks like the men are getting bounced as well. I have said this before and I stand by it. Conference tournaments for small conferences that will only get one March Madness bid stink. The team that wins the regular season should be considered the champion of the league and get the automatic bid.

It was truly a sad day for both the bears teams. They both had a great season and it was hard to watch them loose so early in the tournament. As far as wanting to have the conference champion automatically get the bid to the big tournament, I disagree. I think that the team that is hot at the end of the season should have a chance to be the one to go. This year several teams had the chance to beat anyone in the conference. It was apparent that other teams like Southern Utah were coming on strong and we seemed to be struggling. That was the case in our last two games. If we only picked the conference winner we wouldn't have even had a chance to play this year for the big dance.

This is why you never get optimistic about a UNC team... :thumbdown:

you-had-your-chance-and-you-blew-it.jpg

geesh, our football program is horrible; our men's and women's hoops teams choked, baseball team is rebuilding...but hey at least wrestling is actually doing well. :roll:

I am disappointed that the team elected to not participate in one of the mid-major tournaments. That was fun to watch last year but if the seniors didn't want to participate, I understand.

Well, the women get a shot at redemption by earning a bid into the NIT. Good for them!

They play at Wyoming on Thursday night and if they win they get the winner of the South Alabama/Lamar game.

Lamar actually went 17-1 in the Southland Conference and were 14-0 at home this season so that would be an uphill climb.

Latest posts

Back