• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.

Offensive Coordinator

Looks like we really branched out - Max McCaffrey named OC. He has never coached a football game in his life. What a disaster.

Yeah, would have been nice to get someone with experience in there. Well, the McCaffrey's will either sink or swim as one. Hopefully they swim.

I thnk Max will be OK as our offensive coordinator. He does lack experience at that position,, but he does have the ability to work closely with the head coach who probably will be making most of the offensive decisions anyway. That is probably why coach Baldwin left the program at the last moment before the scrimmage against Chadron St. Give him a chance and lets all hope for some good wins this year.

MountaineerBearMagic said:
I didn't know the "N" in UNC stood for Nepotism. The AD better watch out so that Lisa doesn't take his job.

That’s true. University of Nepotism Chumps. Everyone who has coached a single sport know this can be a locker room killer.

To make things worse, Director of Football Operations is Kathleen Messler. She is taking over from Brandon Charles; but more importantly she is Max’s girlfriend.

Beardown said:
MountaineerBearMagic said:
I didn't know the "N" in UNC stood for Nepotism. The AD better watch out so that Lisa doesn't take his job.

That’s true. University of Nepotism Chumps. Everyone who has coached a single sport know this can be a locker room killer.

To make things worse, Director of Football Operations is Kathleen Messler. She is taking over from Brandon Charles; but more importantly she is Max’s girlfriend.

I assumed you were joking but looked it up and my word, you were definitely not joking. This is beyond ridiculous. Without being political, it reminds me of the last presidential administration.

Who really cares who is related to whom if the job is getting done? Would be upset if Archie Manning was head coach, Peyton Manning was his assistant coach and Eli Manning was playing for us and Peyton's wife got the plane tickets and we won a lot more games than with the previous coaching staff? I don't think so. We might just think it was a good thing to have a lot of talented minds running things. Lets wait till we actually play a few games before we start tearing down the program.

budbear said:
Who really cares who is related to whom if the job is getting done? Would be upset if Archie Manning was head coach, Peyton Manning was his assistant coach and Eli Manning was playing for us and Peyton's wife got the plane tickets and we won a lot more games than with the previous coaching staff? I don't think so. We might just think it was a good thing to have a lot of talented minds running things. Lets wait till we actually play a few games before we start tearing down the program.

If experience counts in coaching, I care. We have a rookie college coach, who brought in a bunch of family members who are also rookies. Maybe they are or will be great coaches but it sure as heck would be nice to have someone high up that has experience and success. Maybe it won't count and hell, we can't do any worse than what we were doing, but I can't help but think we would have been better off in the long run going with one of the other names being talked about as our HC.

Brian said:
budbear said:

If experience counts in coaching, I care. We have a rookie college coach, who brought in a bunch of family members who are also rookies. Maybe they are or will be great coaches but it sure as heck would be nice to have someone high up that has experience and success. Maybe it won't count and hell, we can't do any worse than what we were doing, but I can't help but think we would have been better off in the long run going with one of the other names being talked about as our HC.

Take a look at the recruits this staff has assembled and think about what the previous staff was getting. For that matter check out one of the other candidates you would have rather had and check out their recruit profiles this year on the internet for this coming year. You only get quality recruits if you have a big money program which we don't, or you have a coach with name recognition. I don't think any of the possible candidates had even close the name recognition as coach McCaffrey. And for getting a top 4 or 5 star quarterback to play for UNC which one of those guys do you think could do that. It looks to me that we have the best class of talent that we have ever had here at UNC. Now lets see how that works out in our win loss column. I for one am excited to see and hope the fans come out to support our team. I don't live in the Colorado area anymore, but I was and always will be a UNC supporter no matter what the win or loss record even in those dark days of the past.

budbear said:
Brian said:
budbear said:

Take a look at the recruits this staff has assembled and think about what the previous staff was getting. For that matter check out one of the other candidates you would have rather had and check out their recruit profiles this year on the internet for this coming year. You only get quality recruits if you have a big money program which we don't, or you have a coach with name recognition. I don't think any of the possible candidates had even close the name recognition as coach McCaffrey. And for getting a top 4 or 5 star quarterback to play for UNC which one of those guys do you think could do that. It looks to me that we have the best class of talent that we have ever had here at UNC. Now lets see how that works out in our win loss column. I for one am excited to see and hope the fans come out to support our team. I don't live in the Colorado area anymore, but I was and always will be a UNC supporter no matter what the win or loss record even in those dark days of the past.

Agree 100% (after some more thought). I was thinking more about this and the rub I had with this is that this seems so temporary for Ed (not moving to Greeley) but even if that's true, that will be the case for most coaches. Any coach that does well will find a more lucrative job (as our basketball program proves) so it shouldn't bother me that maybe Ed and his family are more up front with it. I was really hoping Collins would do well since as a alum he would be likely to stay longer but that one certainly did no work out. In the end, I am more excited about UNC football than I have been in a long time. GO BEARS!!!!

Ha - seems like Max is taking his job very seriously and being professional. Breaks his clipboard and throws it at a fan for making fun of his pants? This is a disaster.

https://www.denverpost.com/2021/10/05/northern-colorado-max-mccaffrey-offensive-coordinator-accused-to-throwing-broken-clipboard-montana-state/

As much as I had hope it’s gone, Ed doesn’t care about this program, listen to his post game comments and his comments on the coaches show last night, this has turned into a shot show and I’m hearing about a lot of transfer outs at the end of the season, this train is officially off the rails!

This dumpster fire is full blown! As others have stated and 100% true, Ed does not care about this program. The university will be looking for another HC sooner than later.

Latest posts

Back