• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.

Northern Colorado Vs. Montana

Floydcaster

Okay, two more games left. This time it's against #11 Montana. 1pm MST kickoff. The Grizzlies have two close losses one to #5 Eastern Washington and the other to #22 Sacramento state. They barley escaped Southern Utah 20-19 last weekend so they are beatable. Turnovers and bad decisions could have doomed them but their defense kept them in the game. McCaffrey will need to keep his head throughout the day and the OL will have to do everything they can to protect him. This is probably one of the better defenses we will see.

Kris Brown is not going to be one of the better QB's the Bears have faced but he's good enough to need to keep contained. If anything, the defense should put enough pressure on him to hopefully keep the game close and maybe pull off the upset.

Montana fans are the Nebraska fans of the FCS, every year is 1995 or 2001! That being said their fans will probably outnumber ours 2-1. The last time I went to Montana at Nottingham it was embarrassing how much Maroon was there.

Here are some funny comments from Montana fans on their board.

"Any advice on pre-game tailgating at Northern Colorado?"

It’s like if Idaho State and Southern Utah University had a bastard child together and abandoned it in a snowbank in Colorado.

It smells like burnt meat most of the game with all the slaughter houses near by. Enjoy the game and then go enjoy the evening in Denver if you can make the drive back there. Torchy’s tacos are great if you can get those up there. Outlaw wings are incredible, but I got those in Broomfield.

Greeley smells like if an armpit could fart

Hoping for the upset, they almost lost to S. Utah so who knows and we beat them at Nottingham last time they were here so...

Go Bears

Oddly enough, my daughter is a senior in high school and she just got a recruiting letter in the mail from Montana. We live in Maryland so it's a bit odd (her first Big Sky letter). She has lots of stuff from schools in our area so it was odd to see something from Montana.

I hope our football team can do what our basketball team has done which is smash the smugness off of their face. Their are the team I hate the most in the Big Sky but I would still root for them over NDSU.

Da(UNC)Bears said:
Montana fans are the Nebraska fans of the FCS, every year is 1995 or 2001! That being said their fans will probably outnumber ours 2-1. The last time I went to Montana at Nottingham it was embarrassing how much Maroon was there.

Here are some funny comments from Montana fans on their board.

"Any advice on pre-game tailgating at Northern Colorado?"

It’s like if Idaho State and Southern Utah University had a bastard child together and abandoned it in a snowbank in Colorado.

It smells like burnt meat most of the game with all the slaughter houses near by. Enjoy the game and then go enjoy the evening in Denver if you can make the drive back there. Torchy’s tacos are great if you can get those up there. Outlaw wings are incredible, but I got those in Broomfield.

Greeley smells like if an armpit could fart

Hoping for the upset, they almost lost to S. Utah so who knows and we beat them at Nottingham last time they were here so...

Go Bears

I think the only thing they are smelling is the smell of their own arrogance. It should leave once we hand them a good loss. Hope it is this week. If not, then their smell will probably stay with them.

Montana is a 15 pint favorite. If our offense can put something together, I really think they will cover but that is a big IF.

These guys are not inspired today, the play calling as usual is terrible, there just isn’t any energy in these guys today, I put that on the coaching staff, worst in the FCS, hands down, they all need to go back to HS!

Been to every home game this year and have a few observations: sorry Max but your play calling is atrocious. We need a real OC next year. I think everyone needs to come to grips with our starting QB really is not that good . We need to give Ed more than 1 year to turn the program around. Very uninspired game today . 😢

beardevil39 said:
Been to every home game this year and have a few observations: sorry Max but your play calling is atrocious. We need a real OC next year. I think everyone needs to come to grips with our starting QB really is not that good . We need to give Ed more than 1 year to turn the program around. Very uninspired game today . 😢

Judging by Ed's...general demeanor toward Max today, I think we may get that new OC next year. Max has some interesting ideas in the playbook, just none of it seems really coherent. Also yeah, our starting QB stinks.

Latest posts

Back