• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.

New Men’s Coach: Mike Bibby?

Won’t happen. Would be horrible hire. He tried to Get Arizona to hire him last year as an assistant coach and they would not go there. His only experience is coaching his son in high school and he got fired in 2019 for groping a teacher in a car in the parking lot. He has no relevant experience and even if he did former NBA players have fared poorly as college coaches. Example A Reggie Theus. Example B Penny Hardaway just got busted for paying recruits at Memphis. Here is article on NBA players as coaches. They don’t have the work ethic it takes to grind as a college coach. https://watchstadium.com/why-do-so-many-former-nba-players-struggle-as-college-coaches-02-09-2022/

When I first heard about this on the local news a few days back, I was surprised to discover that there wasn’t yet a thread about it here. You guys are lagging!

As for Bibby, I also very much doubt he gets a shot. He has very little experience as a HC at all.

I don’t see Orr hiring a just a name.

Had Bibby accomplished what Troy Taylor did at the HS level coupled with a few years of D1 coordinator experience, then I’d see it differently.

Coach Laird finished strong, winning 5 of 7 with a very young team. There were also about 5 close games (losses), and no one has entered the transfer portal.

The accusations against Bibby are troubling. Has Sacramento State obtained a copy of the police investigation (report)?

Bibbys' contacts are in Arizona, and no college experience.

Kadeezy said:
Who is the college hoops version of TT?

Marcus Schroeder, St Mary’s
Scott Garson, Santa Clara
Chris Acker, San Diego State

Here out West. Although possible, less likely to see us get an East Coast coach, there are several others I am sure, just a few names here. I do not see us retaining Laird.

I would sprint away from anything Queens related.
They suck, the end.

Horrible franchise for winning anything except futility. Perhaps he is fitting as the new HC?

Green Cookie Monster said:
They suck, the end.

Horrible franchise for winning anything except futility. Perhaps he is fitting as the new HC?

Oh stop it. Queens? What, are you 8 years old or something? SMH.

You clearly weren’t paying attention that they were an elite level team when Bibby played for the franchise. Should have won a title.

Bibby isn’t qualified for and shouldn’t get the job, but stop with the anti-KINGS rhetoric.

Not only is it petty, it’s quite hypocritical and short-sighted considering you (we) openly support and root for the Sac State Hornets program who aren’t historically any better. Probably even worse.

Straight silly talk.

Don’t think there is a college hoops version of TT. That was a unique situation. Basically the entire Folsom program moved to Sac State. I do think Coach Laird and TT are similar coaches in that they are home grown and believe Sac State can have sustained success and will be loyal, not jumping at the first new opportunity that arises. They understand what it will take to make that happen and the challenges to do so. Can’t say the same for any coaches hired from outside the area. Coach Laird proved this season he deserves the job. It was great to see us beat the Aggies again. Strong finish to the season with a young team.

BuckeyeHornetFan said:
Green Cookie Monster said:
They suck, the end.

Oh stop it. Queens? What, are you 8 years old or something? SMH.

You clearly weren’t paying attention that they were an elite level team when Bibby played for the franchise. Should have won a title.

Bibby isn’t qualified for and shouldn’t get the job, but stop with the anti-KINGS rhetoric.

Not only is it petty, it’s quite hypocritical and short-sighted considering you (we) openly support and root for the Sac State Hornets program who aren’t historically any better. Probably even worse.

Straight silly talk.

I would drop the MBB team if it was possible. So i am not really a supporter of that program. Obviously they will never build anything to support a D1 program, which reflects in the overall success over the past 30yrs.

Obviously you support the pro team, good for you, but I have sour grapes for it because it draws 99.9% of the town/regional attention. I don't support pro any sport, so it doesn't really matter.

My sports are football and baseball, to some degree softball and VB. The rest meh.
What has MBB ever done to garner support? 1988 doesn't count.

Latest posts

Back