• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.

Nest Updates

Kadeezy

More lipstick on a pig - looks like new floor paint, full interior painted green, all signage down (for now), and new lighting?

Can confirm Nest is now a black hole… lol

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CgIkWdypJkF/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

So the walls are dark green, the ceiling is black, eats up all the light, and the hardwood is a newer lighter colored floor.

I think it looks a lot better. A "blackout" game would be sweet and probably be pretty visually appealing if they were able to pack the nest for it.

At the end of the day though, its still a middle school gym. Wish we had something to look forward to, or even just some sort of plan in place. I'm sick of defending our "arena" every time someone comments on it, lol.

California’s $100 billion surplus: What to know about Newsom’s spending plan.
Maybe someone at the state capital could lobby for some of the surplus to be used to replace the 1940’s gym at the state university located in the state capital.

StudentHornet said:
At the end of the day though, its still a middle school gym. Wish we had something to look forward to, or even just some sort of plan in place. I'm sick of defending our "arena" every time someone comments on it, lol.

The gym seats ~1,000 and there are 31,000+ students. There is no reason why the gym isnt packed every single game, with at least students.

There is no pressure whatsoever to change the gym when only 700 people show up.
12,000 raving lunatics show up to a kings game to watch them lose, day after day, season after season, you gotta ask yourself why at least 2,000 of these 'basketball fans' dont find their way to a J street gym?

President Woke has no plan, he is riding the golden parachute retirement gig of California. Let the next schlep worry about it. It has been the same with Gerth, Gonzo and now Woke.

Greenteam said:
California’s $100 billion surplus: What to know about Newsom’s spending plan.
Maybe someone at the state capital could lobby for some of the surplus to be used to replace the 1940’s gym at the state university located in the state capital.

:rofl:

Green Cookie Monster said:
I like the murdered out effect. They ought to paint fans on the walls to make it look larger.

Looks good. And :lol: @ painting fans on the walls.

That said, I think DP turns this program up a notch and students/fans will turn out for this program. At the meet and greet last month, the new vibe around the program is pulpable. :twocents:

StudentHornet said:

The gym seats ~1,000 and there are 31,000+ students. There is no reason why the gym isnt packed every single game, with at least students.

There is no pressure whatsoever to change the gym when only 700 people show up.
12,000 raving lunatics show up to a kings game to watch them lose, day after day, season after season, you gotta ask yourself why at least 2,000 of these 'basketball fans' dont find their way to a J street gym?

President Woke has no plan, he is riding the golden parachute retirement gig of California. Let the next schlep worry about it. It has been the same with Gerth, Gonzo and now Woke.

Using that analogy, the Kings can’t fill the Golden 1 Center, and they weren’t filling Arco, so maybe they should have stayed there. The school does a very poor job promoting the games. The food options are embarrassing. The excuse by athletics is that they don’t have control over the concessions. There are better concessions at a junior high game. They should close that and have three or four food trucks and a beer garden. And promote the heck out of it. So many breweries in Sacramento now they should be able to find a few willing to serve their beer before and during games. Winning always helps but we had a real good football season and attendance was poor. Total lack of promotion for basketball the last few years. Expect that will change with a new coach. Hopefully it will help. We have had periods of filling the Nest and it never led to a new gym. It will take a President willing to make it a priority, and one who has the ability to make it happen.

Nelsen said during the fall address that the video board in the nest will be replaced before the seasons starts.

At least the KINGS had an 8-season stretch being among the best in the sport. During this millennium no less.

Despite being an FCS program, if the Hornets ever produced an 8-season run of similar success something tells me they'd have little trouble drawing at least 2k fans consistently thus necessitating the larger venue.

Made it to a VB game last weekend. The black ceiling in the Nest is pretty dope and makes the place feel bigger than it is. The green walls offer a nice contrast as well with the new LED lights. I'm interesting to see how the new video board will look as I've been told it's supposed to take up most of the wall.

SDHornet said:
Made it to a VB game last weekend. The black ceiling in the Nest is pretty dope and makes the place feel bigger than it is. The green walls offer a nice contrast as well with the new LED lights. I'm interesting to see how the new video board will look as I've been told it's supposed to take up most of the wall.

Good to hear.

If lipstick on a pig is all they can manage, at the very least it better be an improvement.

image_handler.aspx

Probably will look like St. Mary's.

Latest posts

Back