• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.

More Montana players headed to prison

Blofeld

Wow, these guys make our problems last year look like child's play. This program is a rougue as they come at this level but everyone looks the other way because they win. If this happened here hell would have no fury like the outcry we'd hear.

I also love how the cops waited until after the football game to arrest them. I mean, they are charged with felonies but let's not arrest them until after the game so we can get one more week's worth of football out of them before they go to the hole.

news02.txt

Too bad Hauck can't win without convicts. He's lost a lot of respect from me. He can keep recriuting these chumps and sooner or later it will catch up with him. Most of these guys have had prior legal issues in the past before coming to UM. I've heard from people in Montana that the police look the other way when football players get in trouble. Many have let players get away with DUI's, etc. Sounds like a culture thing to me.

I like what Downing said the other night when talking about recriuting on his radio show. They look at charcter first, then talent. In the end that philosophy pays off. I guess I would rather be a bad football team with a bunch of good guys, good students, etc. then be a good football team with a bunch of criminals on it. Football just isn't that important in life.

Pretty bold statement Beardown. Every team in Division I has it's "thugs" and "criminal types". Because of the pressure on D-I athletics, there are a lot of things where law enforcement turns the other cheek. It's not just a Montana thing now, is it ? CU and UNC were on that list of schools with problems at times over the past couple years, too, weren't they ? I could say the same thing about Downing with respect to the coaches issue and the player discipline issues the Bears had last season, but would that really be necessary ?

The Grizzlies have over 100 players listed on the team. We've had a bad year with respect to player discipline, but out of 100 kids, there are only 5 who've had the criminal problems, and they were IMMEDIATELY dismissed from the team. If Hauck behaved as you suggested, do you really think he would take this approach and dismiss the players from the team ? He and his recruiting staff look at character as well. And as far as recruiting kids with prior problems, what about giving a kid with problems a second chance ? The ones who had prior issues had these issues as high school teenagers. Didn't you make mistakes as a teenager ? Were you given a second chance to redeem yourself ?

As far as winning with thugs, that's a really cheap shot. I didn't see you post that statement on egriz, you would've been crucified for that one.

Just FYI, this is my first post ever on this site, I just signed up today. I have only ever posted on egriz, and I only use one screen name, jjj3rd, unlike some of the morons who post on egriz under multiple names.

Anyway, good luck to the Bears this week against PSU. Your team has started to look better, and I was really happy that you guys beat MSU a couple weeks ago, and took EWU and SAC to the edge. That hail mary by SAC really sucked.

I actually agree with most of what the Montana fan has said although it's hard to understand that in my original post.

But as convoluted as it sounds I've made a point of bringing examples of other Big Sky or NCC programs that have problems to this board to illustrate the point that the issues we had last year do happen elsewhere and are widespread.

I do this because when we had our issues we had no shortage of idiots from every other program taking great delight and enjoyment from our problems and preaching from their high horse as if the program they supported was clean as a whistle.

Guess what, your program, whether it be Montana, Montana State, SDSU, etc is not above reproach.

After reading about how disgraceful UNC was on all the other team boards it's funny how offended they get when the shoe is on the other foot. :lol:

Nice to have you here JJJrd. We've got to keep you seperate from JJJ. He's another poster on here.

I probably was a little too harsh but don't you think Hauck deserves some criticism? Downing didn't recriut any of those players that got in trouble last year. I think he let Cozad walk on here but that's all.

Of course he does. He's the head coach, and is ultimately responsible for the actions of the entire team. I was disgusted when the Wilson thing happened in the spring, but now that it's happened again, I'm in total shock. We're supposed to be celebrating the conference championship, being in the playoffs again, and focusing on the Griz/Cat game this weekend, and now this thing is totally clouding the picture.

Well, deep breath, take lumps, move on...

Latest posts

Back