• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.

Kessman arrives Kessman Leaves!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
This kid has a great attitude he was really bummed out that the coaches hadn't told them they had to take some math and english test to enroll in a cal state college. I guess the coaches forgot and so did admissions. That was to bad. He was already rooming with one of the players and had bought all the furniture and groceries. He was ready to go.

Skor7 said:
This kid has a great attitude he was really bummed out that the coaches hadn't told them they had to take some math and english test to enroll in a cal state college. I guess the coaches forgot and so did admissions. That was to bad. He was already rooming with one of the players and had bought all the furniture and groceries. He was ready to go.

There's gotta be another reason!? He's already completed a year at BYU and they still require him to the ELM and EPT?

No he had 1 semester at BYU and everyone has to take the test except if you have over a 500 on your sat on each and he was close but no.
The coaches tried everything they could. They even had a special meeting on Tuesday at 9:30 am to try to fix it and they couldn't.

Okay, so I don't get it. Is he coming back in the fall? I know that application deadline hasn't passed.

In order for him to come back in the fall he has to have units toward his degree which would be another 18 units since he currently has 6 from BYU. He would have to attend a JC for those 18 units. Just spoke to Ryan and his dad and they have no interest in returning to Sac State after what happened. The coach from Montana flew in on tuesday and Ryan is flying out tomorrow morning. No tests needed to attend Montana.He lovesthe cold and snow so who knows maybe he will like it there.

photo_paint.jpg

As Curly would say, Easel come, easel go.

I was concerned about the father being so involved. Little to Todd Marinovich for me.

Have fun, just shows that Sac State beats Montana football in something, academics!

Well, at this point I would be a little worried about the coaching staff and admin allowing a student athlete to move into an apartment with one of the players after being accepted and getting ready to start classes without having those tests completed. It cost the Kessman family hundreds of dollars for this costly mistake. The scholarship was offered months ago. They had Kessman's transcripts from both schools along time ago. I think it would be a complyance mistake actually. But they are not looking back they are moving on.

couple of hundred dollars=$30,000 scholarship?

I think that was a great deal. Cost of doing business.

Bottomline, the kid should have excelled in the classroom and then there wouldn't have been a problem.

All these tests are is placement as to whether he needs to have remedial math and/or english or he can go into Eng 1A and either a beginning Calculus class or Stat 1. He should have just taken the tests. They are called English Placement Test and Entry-Level Math for a reason. Sorry Skor, if this brilliant kid and his dad couldn't see that, then they truly need some help. They offer those tests in the first few weeks of classes. I know because I use to be a student orientation leader. All he had to do was have them completed by the end of the semester.

There is no compliance mistake at all. You are just making excuses for this kid (and judging by this whole thing, he and his dad are certainly acting like one).

Sorry you are so NOT informed about that test. And no you can't take it within a few weeks of class. It has to be done prior to picking out your classes. NO exceptions. It's to bad that complyance didn't catch that. Kessman was quite smart with a 3.65 core in HS and a 3.45 at BYU. I guess Cal is the only state with that exam policy. I hear it's quite cold in Montana. :D

Are you listening to me? Have you ever been to Sac State? I know the policy inside and out. One of my relatives is a university employee and she deals with this issue day in and out. You are the one that is not informed. That is for first time freshman. He is not a first time freshman. He is a transfer freshman for which the rules a little different. There is the loophole. You must either be Kessman or his dad.

You can always sign up for classes before the census date, which is two weeks after instruction begins. Sounds to me just doesn't want to take any kind of test, period! What a fine, upstanding citizen he will turn out to be :roll:

Take a look at the catalog here and educate yourself.

http://aaweb.csus.edu/catalog/06-08/IntroductoryPages/assessment.pdf

EDIT: Actually, he had all this week to take those tests since classes haven't started. You could have satisfied the requirement and then you would have been appropriately placed. Brilliant move there son :roll:

Don't burn a schollie on him, this is too fishy and he hasn't even started.

Another reason to recruit HS freshman and stay away from the drop downs, they left their former school for a reason and it is usually the other school who did the booting.

If they are crying about money now, just imagine what the airfare and housing costs will be flying to and fro to watch him play in Montana.

Skor7 said:
In order for him to come back in the fall he has to have units toward his degree which would be another 18 units since he currently has 6 from BYU. He would have to attend a JC for those 18 units. Just spoke to Ryan and his dad and they have no interest in returning to Sac State after what happened. The coach from Montana flew in on tuesday and Ryan is flying out tomorrow morning. No tests needed to attend Montana.He lovesthe cold and snow so who knows maybe he will like it there.

I wonder if you and your beloved Kessman are aware of the 4-2-4 rule, Skor....

Wow this is to much! You will not be allowed to register or attend any classes until you you complete those two yes very silly tests. Unless you are exempt which means you have taken college eng 101 and math 101 or higher. Being a transfer from BYU has nothing to do with it. Sheesh.
Call Gloria at your testing center on YOUR campus she will explain what I just told you.

Skor7 said:
Wow this is to much! You will not be allowed to register or attend any classes until you you complete those two yes very silly tests. Unless you are exempt which means you have taken college eng 101 and math 101 or higher. Being a transfer from BYU has nothing to do with it. Sheesh.
Call Gloria at your testing center on YOUR campus she will explain what I just told you.

Thanks Ryan's dad. Your boy could have taken those tests this week or any of the past three weeks that he was enrolled, per your thread you started on Jan.7. THREE WEEKS TO TAKE THE TESTS!!! I think we are through with this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back