• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.

Just curious

I have no idea. Probably because sports guys are not the most creative people in the world when it comes to names.
icon_wink.gif
Look at how many wildcats, bears, warriors there are out there.

I'd be for the "Portland State Hipsters" or the "PSU Vegans" to reflect the general school spirit.

PortlandStater said:
I have no idea. Probably because sports guys are not the most creative people in the world when it comes to names.
icon_wink.gif

I'd be for the "Portland State Hipsters" or the "PSU Vegans" to reflect the general school spirit.

Yeah, my favorite is when you have multiple teams with the same name in the same conference. The SEC, for instance, includes two Tigers and two Bulldogs!

ManOfVision said:
PortlandStater said:
icon_wink.gif

Yeah, my favorite is when you multiple teams with the same name in the same conference. The SEC, for instance, includes two Tigers and two Bulldogs!

Yep, also the WAC contains two Bulldogs and two Aggies.

Probably because of the Vanport flood. PSU was originally known as the Vanport extension center and was located near the state line on the Columbia. After the area flodded during the Columbus Day flood (I think), PSU moved to its present location. I think we were named the Vikings because our college literally had to move from an area that was flodded out.

skywaker9 said:
Probably because of the Vanport flood. PSU was originally known as the Vanport extension center and was located near the state line on the Columbia. After the area flodded during the Columbus Day flood (I think), PSU moved to its present location. I think we were named the Vikings because our college literally had to move from an area that was flodded out.
So what's the link? Water? In that case, Beavers and Ducks would have worked as well...or Buccaneers.
icon_wink.gif

Like forestgreen said, it was just voted on.

Thank goodness we're not the Portland State University Horned Frogs. ;-)

Latest posts

Back