• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.

ISU Names New O-Line Coach

Skippy

Interesting background, played in the NFL, coached at Nebraska and USC on an entry-level, and coaches high school in a recruiting hot bed.

https://isubengals.com/news/2019/2/14/football-philipp-named-offensive-line-coach.aspx

Trivia question? What high school has produced the most NFL players? Skippy probably knows the answer. I know the answer. A total of 58 NFL players played at this high school and Michael Philipp coached at this high school

Michael Philipp will be a great OL coach and a great recruiter in the Southern California area as he probably has good connections with high school coaches and JUCO coaches. Great hire in my opinion.

up for the challenge said:
Trivia question? What high school has produced the most NFL players? Skippy probably knows the answer. I know the answer. A total of 58 NFL players played at this high school and Michael Philipp coached at this high school

Michael Philipp will be a great OL coach and a great recruiter in the Southern California area as he probably has good connections with high school coaches and JUCO coaches. Great hire in my opinion.
I’m guessing Long Beach Poly?

Skippy said:

I’m guessing Long Beach Poly?

You guessed right Skippy. Did you know that there are currently 7 players in the NFL from Poly? LB Jayon Brown (Titans), DE Jurrell Casey (Titans), WR Kaelin Clay (Giants), WR DeSean Jackson (Buccaneers), TE Marcedes Lewis (Packers, RB Jamize Olawale (Cowboys) and WR JuJu Smith-Schuster (Steelers). Michael Philipp knows the high schools in Southern California to recruit. That maybe another reason why coach Phen hired him. What do you think Skippy?.

I believe so Skippy. Besides you and I where is the participation about the new assistant coach on this site? Not too much about the players that signed either. Sad!

bhumble said:
You ran them all off Up.

Lol bhumble. I thought you ran them off but I did not want to tell you that. Did you join the other site? Maybe, I will join so they do not gang up on you. Lol

I did join but I haven't been there much. It's about as dead as this site.

I think things will change when we hear the finalists for the A.D. job. The future will be for a large part in this persons hands. I don`t think he will have unlimited time to show His or hers ability. When we get some names things will liven up. GO BENGALS

bhumble said:
bhumble said:
You ran them all off Up.

Lol bhumble. I thought you ran them off but I did not want to tell you that. Did you join the other site? Maybe, I will join so they do not gang up on you. Lol

I did join but I haven't been there much. It's about as dead as this site.

I am sure most posters on this site made the switch to the other site thinking it will be more lively than this site. I believe the moderator has to stimulate interest and create new topics. What happen to PBP as the moderator as he was active at one time? Is he the moderator or do we have a new moderator?

….Wulfz…..I've been to the 3 Open Houses so far.....VERY impressed with Hutchinson.....VERY impressed.....current A D of Morehead State....the final 2 Open Houses are next week if anyone can make them....

clawsout said:
….Wulfz…..I've been to the 3 Open Houses so far.....VERY impressed with Hutchinson.....VERY impressed.....current A D of Morehead State....the final 2 Open Houses are next week if anyone can make them....

I'm not sold on Hutchinson one bit. Morehead State football is 39-72 since 2009, and their men's basketball program is 175-154. He's been the AD there since 2004, how has Morehead State not shown significant improvement there during his tenure? He mentioned that he would be coming to ISU from a "similar situation" at Morehead State; the average/below average performance of his two major money programs shows me that he would be a status quo, business-as-usual hire for ISU, should they make him AD. Furthermore, he's been at Morehead State in some capacity (student, administrator) since 1993 or so, why does he suddenly want a change of scenery to Idaho? That's a red flag to me.

Hutchinson? He's a great choice if you want to turn time back to the Gauthier years. He's in a cash poor school and can't raise funds. Look up Donnie Tyndall and Sean Woods. He went high risk on these two basketball coaches, and it showed. Current coach inherited the program and are close to hitting 20 losses. At least they'd fit in here. If you want to keep things the same as they were this time last year, go with Hutchinson. What a bonehead. He rode the fence in his forum. Says we should schedule football better, unless we can't. Should improve facilities, unless we can't. Dipshit.

Latest posts

Back