• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.

Facility Improvement Pictures

Ursa Major said:
Hey Beardown, I bet my 2nd generation UNC kid (that I don't have yet) can beat up your 3rd generation kid(that you don't have yet)! :)

Hell no! My kid is going to be a star for the Bears! He's going to play linebacker and become the schools all-time leading tackler and he's going to be drafted into the NFL and make his dad an instant millionar so he can retire from teaching early! Yup!

Oh. My kid is probably planning on majoring in Theatre Education and living in my basement until he is 40. I guess your kid( that you haven't had yet) probably can beat up my kid(that I haven't had yet). My mistake. By the way, when your kid makes it to the NFL, could you get me some tickets for a Broncos game if they play? Thanks.

Yup, I'll give you tickets. However, if my kids are anything like my wife they'll be the artist type and won't like any sports. They won't be living in our basement though.

74 said:
From what I've been told- the plan is to build this to go along with the other side of nottingham, spruce it up so it looks somewhat symmetrical, and then the parking lot to the north of the stadium will be torn out for a field house.

I actually like the sound of this plan. That makes a lot of sense. It will be nice if we can get a field house built in the next few years though.

uncfootballrules said:
I actually like the sound of this plan. That makes a lot of sense. It will be nice if we can get a field house built in the next few years though.

I think it is a good plan, I just dont see where the money would come from. They have allready gone to the students, and I dont think they should go again, so pending a windfall of donations, I just dont see it happening.

It also seems like the athletic dpt is not taking full advantage of the recent improvements to leverage sponsorships. A other schools, when they build a new facility everything can be named. From the Gatorade traing rooms, to the Smith Family entryway. UNC has made no public effort that I know of to do this. I was on Tx. State's page and they had a list of thinks aviable for naming and prices, why does UNC not do this?

PS update on drawings, I emailed someone who I kind of know in the athletic department, however, it appears that she no longer works there, so I will email someone else tonight...

I was up in Greeley for the stampede and drove by Nottingham, they look well on thier way to fininshing in time for the season. Sorry no pictures this time though.

Ok the pictures are now up in the gallery, click on the 'Gallery' tab at the top of the page, they are in the album UNC Facility Improvements Part 2.

Thanks again to Beardown for the pics

Damn, that looks pretty good. Larger than I thought. It seems like it's two seperate buildings... or maybe I'm seeing things... but one building for team rooms and another for restrooms and concessions?

This is the type of thing the A.D. should be hyping up. You know, mix in a little positive news with all the thousands of negative stories that are coming out. Radical concept I know... but we can have a dream, right?

It is two seperate buildings, and the space between them looks to be an entry way of sorts. It should look very nice when it is done, and add a sense of permanance to the east side.

Permanence is good, however, I hope they have left room for further expansion of the seating on that side if needed. I'd hate to think we're boxed in at a capacity of 8,500.

I would think that future seating expansion could be done in both endzones, also they could make the east side longer and taller. They could also add a second level on the east or west sides.

Latest posts

Back