• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.

EWU in trouble?

bigskyconf

Coaches leaving, athletes transferring, it does not sound good at EWU. A survey was completed on March 1 and my EWU friends are saying the president and the board of trustees won't publicly comment until May. Seems like something is up (and not in a good way).

From Melissa Luck, KXLY-TV...

https://www.kxly.com/stay-division-i-drop-football-ewu-weighing-options-for-athletic-department/

One would think that, at the least, it’s not a full dismantling of the athletic department given they elevated an assistant to replace Shantay Legans. However, I’m noticing that the EWU board seems to be in a state where they’re semi-convinced most of the 7 players that entered the portal will end up on the Bluff.

Seems said board is leaning towards one of two conclusions:

1- they drop football

or

2- they drop a division

If you had forced me to bet, I figured there would be ways EWU could keep on keeping on, that nothing would really happen other than maybe revising or scrapping their stadium renovation proposal (stuck at probably less that $6 million after more than a year of fundraising, with $25 million required). This... blerg.

EWU’s interim president recommended staying D-1 and keeping football. The recommendation seems to include downscaling of other sports at the school.

Impressions from the EWU message board are that the Board of Trustees are on board.

EWU will keep football, stay in the Big Sky and remain Division I. From Greg Mason, Spokane Spokesman Review

https://www.spokesman.com/stories/2021/jun/11/eastern-washington-university-to-stay-ncaa-divisio/

Latest posts

Back