• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.

Christiansen Signs Extension

SDHornet

Staff member
SACRAMENTO, Calif. – Sacramento State baseball head coach Reggie Christiansen has been given a three-year contract extension through 2016, Sacramento State Athletics Director Dr. Terry Wanless announced.

The 2012 Western Athletic Conference coach of the year and Major League Baseball's Northern California scouts Div. I Coach of the Year, Christiansen has taken the Hornet baseball program to new heights in his three seasons leading the team, including back-to-back 30 win seasons for the first time since 1992-93.

http://www.hornetsports.com/sports/bsb/2013-14/releases/20131003bavs5u

No brainer by Wanless to offer Coach C an extension. For our baseball programs sake, I hope Wanless is doing all that he can to keep him here. There better be a plan for lights in the facilities masterplan when it comes out next fall.

Good move. I agree SD, I hope some baseball facility upgrades are on tap in the coming future. We have a beautiful facility, just needs some key improvements (lights and press box mostly)

agree.

Great coach.

Get some lights and a press box and maybe the thing that is misssing in so many Hornet athletic facilities.....some restrooms .... why is this such a baffeling thing to get done?

Christiansen signs contract through 2019:
SACRAMENTO, Calif. - Sacramento State baseball head coach Reggie Christiansen has agreed to a contract extension and a deal that will keep him in the Hornet program through the 2019 season, Sacramento State Interim Athletics Director Bill Macriss announced on Friday.
http://www.hornetsports.com/sports/bsb/2013-14/releases/201408228oetq2

No coincidence that Christiansen signs the deal a day after significant improvements to John Smith Field are announced. Once again, great job by Macriss to do what he needed to do to get money for improvements and subsequently sign Christiansen to a long term deal. :clap:

Christiansen extended thru 2021.
A two-time Western Athletic Conference (WAC) Coach of the Year, Christiansen has led the Hornets to five straight 30-win seasons, the longest since a string of nine straight 30-win seasons from 1985-1993. He completed his sixth year as head coach at Sacramento Sate in 2016 after spending the 2009 and 2010 seasons as the associate head coach with the program.

Among the 24 Div. I baseball teams in California, Christiansen's squad has recorded the seventh most wins over the last five seasons. The team has won 168 total games since 2012, more than several perennial postseason qualifiers including Pepperdine, Stanford, Long Beach State, Cal, USC and Fresno State.

Release also indicated that the field will be resurfaced yet again, and the new Giving Guide indicates that there is a project for the outfield wall padding in the works. Now with lights, we need to see this program come through with some more hardware.

Holm hired away to Purdue.

Latest posts

Back