• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.

Budgets

uncfootballrules

Came across this link on another site. Interesting info here. This should be interesting to see where this topic heads.
http://ope.ed.gov/athletics/search.asp

Big Sky Athletic Budgets (Total / Football)
Montana $12,775,000 / $4,095,000
Montana State $11,352,000 / $3,509,000
Sacramento State $10,392,000 / $1,730,000
Northern Arizona $9,948,000 / $2,296,000
Idaho State $8,184,000 / $1,958,000
Portland State $7,684,000 / $2,260,000
Eastern Washington $6,629,000 / $2,083,000
Weber State $6,002,000 / $1,466,000
UNC $5,808,000 / $1,458,000

Actually I'm surprised we're not further behind. Although we carry more sports than a lot of those schools with the exception of Sac State. We will never be Montana but there is no reason we can't be at the level of Idaho State and Eastern Washington and that would put us in the middle of the pack.

Blofeld said:
Actually I'm surprised we're not further behind. Although we carry more sports than a lot of those schools with the exception of Sac State. We will never be Montana but there is no reason we can't be at the level of Idaho State and Eastern Washington and that would put us in the middle of the pack.

We will be in the middle of the pack according to the latest reports in Tribune. We should be around where ISU and EWU is in 2007

Beardown said:
Blofeld said:

We will be in the middle of the pack according to the latest reports in Tribune. We should be around where ISU and EWU is in 2007

Do you have a link to that report? I'd be interested in reading it. If so, that is good news.

Phineas J. Whoopee said:
Beardown said:
Blofeld said:

Do you have a link to that report? I'd be interested in reading it. If so, that is good news.

Here's the article but I guess even though we'll be at 7 milllion, that will move us up only two spots instead of being in the middle of the pack.
http://greeleytrib.com/article/20070828/SPORTOPS/108280130

It looks like we are close. The admin needs to be smart with how money is spent - I know I am stating the obvious. They need to take what they have and make the most of it so that success is achieved. If they start winning some games in all areas everything will pick up - attendance, donations, sponsors it will all feed on itself. I think UNC could very easily get into the top third of the conference - somewhere around that $10MM level.

It is so easy to see what needs to happen - have success, reach out to the alumni/fans/donors/sponsors and the money will follow. Obviously it is hard to execute.

Latest posts

Back