• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.

BSC Tournament to Change

oldrunner

They put this out there to get hopes up and then crush us all by saying that nothing is truly changing. Still in Boise and still everybody comes. No real enhancements or changes to make the regular season better. Lame. :wtf: :wall:
https://www.standard.net/sports/weber-state/2022/mar/02/big-sky-conference-basketball-tournament-format-changes-schedule/

the most important sentence in hein's article is where it says the neutral site is the only part that won't change. minor changes with less teams not a big deal. whether its 10 teams or 6 i dont care.

as a fan i hated reno and boise. i went 2 of the 3 in reno and i went to the only boise that had fans. boise pro is it is close. there were fans in boise but not enough to make you think it was a great site. then beyond the games it was like being in ogden in march. reno had 0 fans so it was never good. the pro's of reno were unrelated to the games: gambling, decent weather, i rode my bike, i went to lake tahoe. :mrgreen:

They said that two things were not up for discussion, Boise and everyone plays. That isn't change at all, let alone improvement.

They will only discuss how the bracket looks and that is all. Then they came out and said that the format where the top two teams get byes to the semis was off the table as well.

Total BS if you ask me. Of course, nobody is asking fans about anything, They are only concerned about filling hotel rooms and cafes in Boise. They talk about TV, but there are not enough sets in the BSC to make ESPN jump in with both feet. They have some big problems and nobody is willing to discuss the 900lb gorilla in the room. They just want to dance around the problems and somehow justify continuing their failed experiment.

These are not stupid people making these choices, they are just misled and unwilling to speak the truth to power. :coffee:

Latest posts

Back