• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.

Bobcats

Our defense seems good enough to keep us in the game for at least the half but our offense needs to figure something out or it could be a tough day.

Brian said:
Our defense seems good enough to keep us in the game for at least the half but our offense needs to figure something out or it could be a tough day.
. My thoughts exactly. This offense needs to move the ball

FCS Top 25 Rankings Have them at #11

https://www.montanasports.com/big-s...na-state-rises-to-no-11-montana-holds-at-no-4

MSU Fans on their board not giving us much of a chance, which is fair.

"Let's try to make some quick sense out of this. Yes, they beat NAU. But NAU is not good. They, like some others, had there once in an ice age win.
I don't recall an FBS team blowing a two touchdown lead and losing to an FCSer. Arizona is not good and were worse that day. NAU has been mostly blown out by Sam Houston and North Dakota.
So NC has also beaten FCS Lamar 17-10. But Lamar lost to UTSA 0-54 and Abilene Christian 0-56. Saragin has Lamar down there with our friends from Drake and San Diego. He has Northern Colorado correctly ranked number 70 FCS and 199 overall. In all fairness I need to mention N Colorado has also beaten Houston Baptist 45-13. HB is an FCS team from the Southland Conference since 2013. They have not had a winning season and at this point their all time winning percentage is 24.4%!
There's a kicker. UNC has a boatload of FBS transfers under development, but that should not affect the outcome Saturday.
For those of you who enjoy blow outs, this could be the one for you.

Montana State 49
Northern Colorado 16"

Go Bears!

Early on, it's looking the the class level between us and Montana State is miles apart. Our defense can't even do anything. Hopefully they can do something to turn things around.

Well, our offensive play calling is comical. When a play doesn't work, they go right back to it. Never seen that one before.

I must be a jinx. Was 20-0, flipped it over to watch the first UFC fight on todays card, come back to the game and UNC has a TD and is driving. Great! 1st play I see is an interception then I watch MSU easily punch it in.
I'll stop watching.

Dylan McCaffrey has absolutely stunk up the joint today. A guy that spent 4 years at Michigan should not be making the kinds of simple mistakes he's making.

uBear said:
Dylan McCaffrey has absolutely stunk up the joint today. A guy that spent 4 years at Michigan should not be making the kinds of simple mistakes he's making.

Yeah, he had a shocker. Really, not sure where we go from here as an offense. It's a damned shame Ed didn't hire actual experienced coordinators because what he has now is just not working out from the offensive side.

Brian said:
Yeah, he had a shocker. Really, not sure where we go from here as an offense. It's a damned shame Ed didn't hire actual experienced coordinators because what he has now is just not working out from the offensive side.

Honestly, I haven't had that big of an issue with the play calling on offense. It's mostly execution; Dylan missing open receivers, making bad throws, receivers dropping passes, power running backs trying to bounce things outside too often.

The killer today was the one near halftime where Dylan didn't get enough air under the ball and turned a touchdown into an interception. 20-14 at half looks a whole lot different than 27-7.

Latest posts

Back