• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.

4 Seed; Sacred Heart?

Waldo2

Projection of Hero Sports

https://herosports.com/fcs-football-bracketology-10-playoff-predictions-ok bzbz/

Don’t know anything about them. Thoughts?

Waldo said:
Projection of Hero Sports

https://herosports.com/fcs-football-bracketology-10-playoff-predictions-ok bzbz/

Don’t know anything about them. Thoughts?
We will find out tomorrow. Reality talks and BS walks. IMHO, Hero is spewing the BS. :rofl:

BTW, they are talking about Sam Houston State. :lol:

Here is another prognosticator with Weber as the 4 seed and hosting Missouri St
https://theanalyst.com/na/2021/04/fcs-football-bracketology-projecting-the-spring-playoff-field/

Undefeated with one of the hardest SoS' in the league. Our reward....being denied a top 4 seed while a team with 2 losses got a seed ahead of us.

There were 6 at large bids and the Missouri Valley got 4 of them. The bottom half of the bracket is brutal and Weber got the hardest round 1 game in the upper half.

The bias in this season's bracket is astonishingly obvious.

No doubt that the selection committee thought the Missouri Valley Conference was by far the strongest conference in FCS this Spring season. We play the 4th best in that conference in the first round, SIU.

I think SIU has a better offense than we do. However Weber has by far the better defense. This game will come down to whether our defense can beat their offense or not. But to be brutally honest, I think that if we win this first game we are then in big trouble. South Dakota State is, in my opinion, is the best team in FCS by far. I think they will win it all and many of the games may not be very close. They have a strong defense and an even better offense. It would take a miracle for Weber to beat them. But, if we do beat them, then our road from there gets easier.

Weber's lack of impressive wins really hurt them in the seeding. It seems to me that the committee put them somewhere between 7th and 10th best team. To be honest, until our offense improves, I think it is a fair placement. We dug and earned this hole with our poor offensive showings.

We are in and get one home game. As always, it's win and advance, lose and stay home. Good teams find a way to win. No respect from the national talking heads, big deal. We should have all the motivation to win that we need. It's been a messed up year. What makes us think that these playoffs would be any different?

I keep reminding myself that there are 6 BSC football programs that whimped out of the whole thing. They lost by not starting. The worst kind of loss there is.

Our road to the 'ship may have been made harder, but we are still on that road. :coffee:

baller said:
No doubt that the selection committee thought the Missouri Valley Conference was by far the strongest conference in FCS this Spring season. We play the 4th best in that conference in the first round, SIU.

I think SIU has a better offense than we do. However Weber has by far the better defense. This game will come down to whether our defense can beat their offense or not. But to be brutally honest, I think that if we win this first game we are then in big trouble. South Dakota State is, in my opinion, is the best team in FCS by far. I think they will win it all and many of the games may not be very close. They have a strong defense and an even better offense. It would take a miracle for Weber to beat them. But, if we do beat them, then our road from there gets easier.

Weber's lack of impressive wins really hurt them in the seeding. It seems to me that the committee put them somewhere between 7th and 10th best team. To be honest, until our offense improves, I think it is a fair placement. We dug and earned this hole with our poor offensive showings.

:nod: Agree as usual...now let the action on the field show whether the committee got it right or not...a good thing to go in with a chip on your shoulder to prove things...here's hoping the offense shows progression to the better team play that Coach Hill says is still to be shown. Get 'er done Wildcats!!!

Well we kinda got shafted there. Seems like the committee put a lot of weight in Jacksonville State’s win over FIU in October. I don’t get how they grab the 4 seed when they lost to Austin Peay 2 weeks ago.... at home. Not only do they get the 4th seed they get a home game vs a non-scholarship school.

I certainly haven’t been impressed with our level play this spring but then you see JMU with the 3 seed even though they’ve left something to be desired with their play despite being undefeated. The committee gave them the benefit of the doubt but not us.

SIU was probably the last team to make the field but will be a tough game. I’ve seen bits and pieces of them this spring but I don’t really know what to think. I know they’ve had a lot of injuries, including at QB. The win vs SLU yesterday doesn’t do much for me; some of those Southland teams are absolutely pitiful on defense. They literally can’t tackle. SIU had 800 yards of offense lol.

They’ve kinda been all over the map this spring. They got smacked by North Dakota then turn around and handle North Dakota State. They squeaked one out at home vs UNI then got blasted by SDSU and lost a close one to Missouri State.

It’s tough to tell how conferences compare since very few out of conference games, but for MVFC to get 4 at large in a field of 16 is ridiculous. Maybe someone needs to follow the money.
The Big Sky had two of the final four teams last year...and now, it’s suddenly a weak conference?

I think Weber State is capable of beating any team in the field, and now the pressure is off. They just need to play their best game and play loose. I would love to see all 5 MVFC go out as soon as possible.

Go Wildcats!

AlumniWSU said:
baller said:

:nod: Agree as usual...now let the action on the field show whether the committee got it right or not...a good thing to go in with a chip on your shoulder to prove things...here's hoping the offense shows progression to the better team play that Coach Hill says is still to be shown. Get 'er done Wildcats!!!

Post Round 1 : Disappointing ending but glad the Wildcats got the chance to play in the spring season...been a weird season but fun. The Wildcats had 5 close nail-biting games, as Coach Jay Hill said on the radio interview after yesterday's game "I told the guys you've played with fire these last number of games & sooner or later you get burned." Wildcats luck ran out yesterday. Admirably, Coach wouldn't use the excuse that injuries really dinged the team's chances...saying that the backups did a good job in the playoff game & before for the most part.

BTW, committee maybe patting themselves a little, MVFC had 4 victories in their playoff round one games. :mrgreen:

Latest posts

Back