• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.

2024 Recruiting 28 Commits - 10 3-Stars!

Atomic Eagle said:
I was expecting to see Waylon Romero on the list at D Tackle. Thought that one was a sure bet...what happened?

Someone already mentioned, but there is a second signing period. There are a multitiude of reasons why a student athlese might not sign in the early period. He could be waiting for a Pac-12 type offer, he could have been offered somewhere else...the offer could have been pulled. Or sometimes it's something like academics. It's hard to say but I hope we see him in red and white.

Overall this seems like an above average recruiting class. There looks to be a lot of talent in the skill positions and the secondary. I do however share some of the concerns voiced by others with respect to the defense. We are losing a handful of LB's as well as some gaps on the defensive line and I don't feel like we adequately addressed those concerns in the first signing period.

Seattle Eagle said:
The following have signed their NLT so far. Still ongoing:

OL Nick Brown (Lake Forest, Calif.)
OL David Shinn (Murrieta, Calif.)
WR Jaylen Garrison (Henderson, Nev.)
DE John Stremler (Everson, Wash.)
S Tyce Donovan (Buckley, Wash.)
OL Ethan Lowell (Modesto, Calif.)
WR Ayden Gutierrez (Eastvale, Calif.)
TE Gavin Allen (Kennewick, Wash.)
LB Shea Robertson (Coeur d'Alene, Idaho)
OL Ahmad Robinson (Oakland, Calif.)
CB Ambrose Marsh (Renton, Wash.)
S Josiah Goode (Federal Way, Wash.)
OL Mark Johnson (Vernon, B.C., Canada)
LB Conner Walcker (Ferndale, Wash.)
TE Asher Bowie (Rathdrum, Idaho)
TE Kayden Stuit (Lynden, Wash.)
RB Kevin Allen III (San Diego, Calif.)
DE Clayton McCarrell (Las Vegas, Nev.)
WR Noah Cronquist (Moorpark, Calif.)
QB Jake Schakel (Puyallup, Wash.)
TE Landon Cooper (Sutter, Calif.)
WR Jaxon Branch (Chandler, Ariz.)
S McKel Broussard (Los Angeles, Calif.)

This is a nice early signing class. Eag's have ~10 DE's and 10 LB's coming back (plus or minus any unknown players who've left for various reasons). I think the group from last year was very good at the LB spot but we never get to see them play to see what they can bring.

Tell me what the TE fascination is though? Year after year Eastern underutilizes TE and year after year they sign 18 million of them. (Hyperbole). Mike Price used to turn them into really good OL and DL players. Just saying.

Agree there seems to be a need at DT.

Love the McKel signing. Thought Eags had a shot at him back in '19.

Wednesday is the conclusion if the second signing period. Hoping to see some more transfers on the defensive side of the ball. DL and LB.

Not many surprises here. I was hoping for more pickups in the portal. Overall it’s a very strong class but I don’t know how much it’ll help in the short-run.

Hambone said:
Not many surprises here. I was hoping for more pickups in the portal. Overall it’s a very strong class but I don’t know how much it’ll help in the short-run.

I’m only seeing one transfer in the late additions. The DE from Nevada.

28 total recruits this year and I count 10 on the defensive side of the ball. None on the interior line which is a little disappointing.

Best said they're going to have a few guys "trickle in" later on for the defense. He said the total will be 33.

DL was find I think, just young and not experienced. They weren't pushed around or anything

Atomic Eagle said:
Hambone said:

I’m only seeing one transfer in the late additions. The DE from Nevada.

I'm disappointed there's not more transfers/portal players. Sounds like 5 more players coming in later which means trying to lock them in and hope they are vets. The program needs to win with our good schedule and make no mistake about it there are many holes to fill and need some proven players in them and help rotations.

Like the overall class and looks like it's loaded with studs which will pay off. Imagine many will play a role next year.

040ac1ff1370012d7a828ec1c3c616655203e2f2.gif

E-Wu Tang Clan said:
Best said they're going to have a few guys "trickle in" later on for the defense. He said the total will be 33.

DL was find I think, just young and not experienced. They weren't pushed around or anything

Interested in seeing who these other 5 are. Makes me think they might be portal players.

I'm excited for who Sanders will bring in to shore up the defense. He's got a lot of coaching to do.

Best talks about bringing a few more guys in around this part of the video.

https://youtu.be/_LnbBK-RgMM?si=WpoloJIL2PPucgQc&t=2479

Thanks E-Wu Tang Clan, was looking for that whole SWX show. Noticed one playing that was just signed...Caleb Manson...was at Nevada (thinking that was getting a seasoned vet) for two years but didn't play a down in the two years then sat out all year last year. Hopefully he's very hungry..he has great size for dend!
*So Caleb has three years left which is good.
**Gonna be a great battle in the receiving corp.
***Last 5 players gotta be seasoned and dtackle(s) would be nice.

Obzerver said:
Thanks E-Wu Tang Clan, was looking for that whole SWX show. Noticed one playing that was just signed...Caleb Manson...was at Nevada (thinking that was getting a seasoned vet) for two years but didn't play a down in the two years then sat out all year last year. Hopefully he's very hungry..he has great size for dend!
*So Caleb has three years left which is good.
**Gonna be a great battle in the receiving corp.
***Last 5 players gotta be seasoned and dtackle(s) would be nice.

No problem. I actually went through the trouble of downloading recording software, recording it, downloading editing software, editing out the commercials and uploading it to youtube because they haven't in previous years. And what do they do? Upload a better version to youtube. Smh my head.

E-Wu Tang Clan said:
I'm excited for who Sanders will bring in to shore up the defense. He's got a lot of coaching to do.

Best talks about bringing a few more guys in around this part of the video.

https://youtu.be/_LnbBK-RgMM?si=WpoloJIL2PPucgQc&t=2479

Thanks!

Latest posts

Back