Football Staff Announced

Talk about Idaho State Bengals Football

Football Staff Announced

Postby SLCBengal » Mon Nov 29, 2010 7:26 pm

Coach Kramer made the announcement during tonight's show with Jerry and Brad...

Read more: ISUBengals.com: Kramer Announces Staff
SLCBengal

Re: Football Staff Announced

Postby biobengal » Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:03 pm

A few things:

1) I don't see a defensive coordinator, Kramer?
2) Very young staff, most are recent or current graduate assistants. However, I don't see a problem with this, I would prefer a young, energetic, hungry staff to some of the retreds Zamberlin had.
3) I don't see Kenyon Blue listed.
biobengal

Postby bengalcub » Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:05 pm

Where is Blue?

This will be a hungry staff!
Troy Briggs
troy3briggs@gmail.com
34+ Years as a "Certified Bengal Fan"
bengalcub

Postby SLCBengal » Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:17 pm

biobengal wrote:A few things:

1) I don't see a defensive coordinator, Kramer?
2) Very young staff, most are recent or current graduate assistants. However, I don't see a problem with this, I would prefer a young, energetic, hungry staff to some of the retreds Zamberlin had.
3) I don't see Kenyon Blue listed.

During the coaches show, Kramer said one of the current assistants will probably assume the DC position (he said it will be his philosophy, but that person would call the plays). If I understood correctly, he said they are taking one of the staffing positions to hire an Academic Coordinator...

He was asked about interviewing each of Zamberlin's assistants, and he said he appreciated all they did. He said, in so many words, that he felt it was best to start fresh...

He said Larry Lewis proved you could recruit good athletes/players to Pocatello and ISU. He reiterated that the most important athletes being recruited right now are the players already on campus...
SLCBengal

Postby bpcats1 » Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:16 am

I know that Kramers philosophy on defense is to man to man coverage and force the issue with a lot of pressure(think Griz defense). Whether that is using a 3-3-5 (depending on personnel) or a 4-3 defense.

You may be in for a few rough years as the freshman develop but you will like end results.
bpcats1

Postby S.Dogood » Tue Nov 30, 2010 7:21 am

I like Kramer's new staff! His young crew shall be wired up and ready to go...

I'm sure Blue was retained to be the RB's coach. That, or office barista. :lol:
S.Dogood

Postby heckler » Tue Nov 30, 2010 7:36 am

mmmmmmm double shot caramel latte please
heckler

Postby homeytennis » Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:53 am

I like the hires. Don Bailey has a good football mind and to have young hungry coaches can make for positive energy going through the program.
homeytennis

Postby globeofdeath » Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:23 pm

I like the idea of bringing in some young and upcoming coaches for assistant positions. I wouldn't even mind if they were here a couple years and then moved to greener pastures as long as we can get some stability from Kramer and his coordinators. I am excited to see some new ideas come to the dome. Sure we might be in for a couple rough years but i think Bengal fans are used to that.
globeofdeath

Postby OLD#74 » Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:37 pm

What I like seeing is the hire of Matt Troxel who has been at U of I the past two years as a GA. This is a type of "PAY IT FORWARD" for coach Kramer in that Kramer played for ED TROXEL who was his coach at U OF I in the 70's and Mat's grandfather. Coach Kramer and Mat's father (who is the head coach at Lake City,) grew up together in the Moscow area.

Mat is a great young man and great young coach. Had a good career at U o Mt.

Good to see.

Good luck Mat
OLD#74

Postby 1985 Bears » Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:54 pm

Hopefully these young assistants are upright in character and not about partying like young coaches in the past. I see one of the coaches was at Citadel so maybe he can bring a military attitude to the team.
1985 Bears

Postby globeofdeath » Tue Nov 30, 2010 4:02 pm

any idea if there will be a recruiting coordinator or if K plans on doing it himself?
globeofdeath

Return to Bengal Football